1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung digimax 201

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by lisa171172, Sep 22, 2003.

1. lisa171172

lisa171172

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help..... I have a samsung digimax 201 and have been trying , miserably to download images to my pc via the cdrom supplied with the camera. Windows xp keeps saying that no new hardware device has been found and the viewer doesn't pick up any images. I have tryed the samsung website who advised an updated driver but i don't know how to get one, as all the places i have searched come up with nothing. if anyone can help me resolve this i will sleep at night again!

2. Hugo Junkers

Hugo Junkers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If XP is not recognising your camera you might have a faulty USB cable/port. Pop out and buy a card reader. They are so much easier.

3. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these a while back to keep at work for general product shots.
    I tried for about a month on and off to get it to talk to XP and failed. It works fine on win 98 but XP will have none of it - new drivers, Japanese drivers, I tried the lot.
    It was inconvenient using the '98 PC so I bought a cheap USB card reader for about £5 from ebuyer.com and have no more problems with it. (apart from it not being a particularly good camera - but it was cheap)
    heres the link