Samsung DA-E750 (3.5mm input) as a home cinema for D7000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by J600com, Mar 13, 2013.

1. J600com

J600com
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm hoping you can help, I have a samsung D7000 TV and want a really subtle looking home cinema system. I bought the samsung D7100 cube system but have had an absolute nightmare with it. The first unit wouldn't power the sub, the second unit wouldn't connect to the sub, the 3rd unit (I've gave up sending it back) now won't play DVD's - all in all a completely useless piece of crap system :(

anyway...

So now I'm thinking of getting rid of that and going for a DA-E750 instead. Basically I'm wanting a unit to make the sound from the TV have a little bit more oomph. The TV isn't on the wall, so that kinda ruled out a soundbar - I'm wanting something nice looking to go on the shelf under the TV. I really like the look of the E750 however it doesn't have any audio inputs other than a 3.5mm jack - is connecting my D7000 to it via 3.5mm a good/bad idea, will it sound okay etc? If not any suggestions on an alternative?

Any help would be great as I'm kinda stuck.

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,766
    Hi.
    That's described as a "dock", for use with small devices, and there must be something more suitable for a TV.