Samsung D7000 PVR

gamjgamj

Standard Member
I want to get a large USB drive (2TB at least) for my new D7000 Smart TV. The TV manual says "We recommend using a USB HDD with at least 5,400 rpm, but a USB HDD of RAID type is not supported.".
Nowhere can I find the spin speeds of the common USB drives in the shops, nor whether they are RAID or not. They aren't on the boxes, nor is this information is to be found on Seagate's web site (for example).

Please can someone point me to where to find this information and/or suggest a suitable drive. Thanks.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
maybe the Hard drives forum may have been a better place for your post, Hard Disk Drives and Solid State Drives | AVForums.com - UK Online anyway to try and answer your question, most hard drives should at least run at 5,400 and above or more typically 7,200. Raid is a way of linking two or more disks for redundancy, normally used in servers, there is a bit more to it but that shouldn't worry you with what you propose doing, a good read, that should answer your question in more detail is this wiki page here:

Hard disk drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom