• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung d7000 power problems

johnbrittle

Standard Member
I recently purchased a 55' samsung d7000 tv from Best Buy. I cannot turn it on after only 3 days of use. There is a clicking sound in the back of the tv which sound like it is trying to power up. This is a 2011 model.
Does anyone else have this problem? The customer service at Samsung told me I was there first complaint of this problem.

johnbrittle

Standard Member
Thanks for your advice. I phoned Samsungs customer service and they suggested returning it as well. It was quite common on older models from 2008 and 2009. This was the first D7000 they had heard of with the powering on problem. Anyways i packed it up and returned it to Best Buy, expecting a problem returning it. Much to my delight, i told them the problem and they just happend to have one more in stock and took back my TV with the upmost in customer service. These guys were great. Have the new one at home and have not experience any problems. This TV, without out a doubt is the best HD picture I have ever seen! I told my 8 year old, "It doesnt get any better than this". Just to let you know what Best Buy was offering with the purchase of this TV was, 4 Shrek 3D movies, 2 3D Glasses, a very cool samsung Skype camera, and here's the kicker, a Samsung Travel Laptop. Perfect size for business travel.

samsung724

Standard Member
I woke up this morning to the same issue with my 3 day old 46 inch D7000. Samsung has encouraged me to return it as well. I'm absolutely blown away that an issue like this could happen within a couple days of taking it out of the box. Purchased from East Coast TV's which is closed today, but they've been really good so far so hopefully they won't give any trouble exchanging this one for one that actually works. Very disappointing - first Samsung TV, and if this is common, my last.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom