Samsung D7000 Owners Thread *Part 4*

And yes that is pretty much what I am saying. I can stream stuff through all shared with a wired connection, but I can't really do anything else.

BOUMSONG said:

And yes that is pretty much what I am saying. I can stream stuff through all shared with a wired connection, but I can't really do anything else.

First things first, update the Firmware to the latest version which is 1025.1 from here then report back: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE46D7000LUXXU-downloads

Make sure you make a note of any settings you have altered on the TV first as they may get reset during the update (usually don't but just to be safe).

I downloaded the .exe firmware file.

Copied it to a USB stick.

Went to Software Upgrade > By USB on my TV

TV then says 'NO file available to upgrade. Please check it and try again.'

Just wiped my usb drive and redid everything, also tried another USB port on the TV. Same outcome.

This could be yet another example of this TV being buggered.

It's a while since I did it but I'm pretty sure you don't copy the .exe to the stick, you run the .exe on the PC and it then copies the files to the stick in the correct format.

SteveU30 said:
It's a while since I did it but I'm pretty sure you don't copy the .exe to the stick, you run the .exe on the PC and it then copies the files to the stick in the correct format.

That is correct. Download exe to your desktop, double click on exe file and save the file that occurs as the outcome onto your memory stick when prompted. Then try with your tv again and it will work just fine.

Ok thanks. I upgraded the software but the exact same thing happens when trying to do the wired connection wizard.

'IP auto setup failed. Try the following...'

Yet I can connect to my PC via all share

Might be worth doing a factory reset to see if that makes a difference.

Pretty sure I did that already.

I haven't done any configuring on my router in yonks because I've never needed to. Generally I just plug and play wired devices, or just add my WPA code for wifi.

Is there anything I should check?

Make sure that UPnP is switched on in the router settings first off.

Last edited:
Mine does a blink at 21.## hours every night does more than that but have noticed the one 9pm area everytime
It also switched off then straight back on once.

Anyone suggest a fix ?

Regards stuart.

is there anyone out there,that can help me regarding the smart hub.ihave heard people say that you can change the background wallpaper, as there are only 2 given. i am at present on the dark background and want to change it two the water like effect one if this can be done at all.

is there anyone out there,that can help me regarding the smart hub.ihave heard people say that you can change the background wallpaper, as there are only 2 given. i am at present on the dark background and want to change it two the water like effect one if this can be done at all.

I didn't think that this could be changed, the dark background seems to be standard on the D series and the water effect one is on the later ES series.

I might be wrong, though, as I have never tried.

Need urgent help please. Today, all of a sudden, the picture on my D7000 changed and the picture now looks much less clearer than before. Its much less brighter.

The best way to describe this would be as if almost all the programmes were filmed under very cloudy and grey skies, and the programmes also look like as if they were filmed in the 90s as opposed to now. Its not grainy but is not very clear, either.

I may need to reset the TV. How do I do this, unless there is another option. I have checked my external TV aerial which is standing in the roof as it should be and connected to the TV as it should be.

Last edited:
The TV is still playing up. The screen goes darker after around 10-15 minutes in (sometimes even less time). Its like going from a bright sunny day to a dark cloudy day as far as the picture is concerned. I now wish I had bought it from John Lewis with a 5 year guarantee. £1750 TV and already playing up just over a year in. I really think Samsung shouldn't release their TV's until they test it thoroughly. There have been way too many complaints and returns on this TV.

Looks like the problem was solved through a factory reset. I will wait a day or two to be sure though. Howoever, the reset has resulted in loss of the HD channels (BBC1 HD on 50, ITV HD on 51 and C4 HD on 52 and BBC HD on 54), though the picture on SD channels seem to be significantly better now.

Last edited:
just got a software update on this set,can anyone tell me what this update is for please.

Greetings AVforums, been a lurker for a while but had a few questions.

• Does anyone have any tips on improving the performance and responsiveness of the UE 55 D7000 series? Samsung just told me to reset it all but I've done that many times. I can only take so much. I guess they're not really interested in extending the functionality now they've added 1-2-3-4 and 5 on demand. EPG and Smart Hub both slow.
  • Have any of you had good experience with alternative remotes? I've thought maybe Bluetooth would make life easier RE: my first question. Interested in either standard remote or one with a keyboard on the rear, might be nice for searching on demand services.
  • Has anyone managed to get audio out from the headphones and built in speakers simultaneously? Really frustrating as we use an external speaker and the optical out volume is very low.
  • Is there a "game" picture mode? I've read about it in the settings thread but can't find it here.

The 'Game' mode is under 'System'' then 'General'.

Wonder if anyone can help,

Do samsung still supply panels for the d7000? My tv has developed clouding and i have a extended warranty just wondering if they can get hold of a replacement panel UE46D7000

Wonder if anyone can help,

Do samsung still supply panels for the d7000? My tv has developed clouding and i have a extended warranty just wondering if they can get hold of a replacement panel UE46D7000

From what I can gather the D7000 uses the 46A2UF7E panel which was last used on the D series so hasn't been in production for over a year. Not sure what supply will be like but I imagine when they're gone, they're gone. It's quite likely that you'll end up with either a repair (new panel), refurb set or even a new one depending on panel availability.

From what I can gather the D7000 uses the 46A2UF7E panel which was last used on the D series so hasn't been in production for over a year. Not sure what supply will be like but I imagine when they're gone, they're gone. It's quite likely that you'll end up with either a repair (new panel), refurb set or even a new one depending on panel availability.

Thanks for the reply,

Could I refuse a refurb?

Thanks for the reply,

Could I refuse a refurb?

The Sale of Goods act says no but the Ts & Cs of the extended warranty may be more generous, you'll have to dig them out and see what you are likely to expect in the event that your TV is condemned.

Dosent really mention anything about refurb etc just that if they can't repair it they will give me an equivalent or value of purchase price, will ring them on Monday and see what happens. A lot of people are saying that clouding is acceptable and may not even repair or replace!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom