Samsung D7000 / D8000 - Settings & Calibration thread

Come on, use translate.google.com where needed... but they are in menu order mostly

Can anyone give me a pointer on getting access to the "Advanced settings" whilst calibrating the picture, they are greyed out as are the auto adjustments, just upgraded firmware to 001025
many thanks
Ceathan

You have to be in 'movie mode' I think.

Hello! I need help.

I have 2 UE55D8000 and even if they have two different panels (one is made in slovakia and the other in korea) they have exactly the same internal settings and calibrations (using AVSHD I get the same results in both).

But I have a question:

This IMAGE:

Looks PERFECT on my monitor and I have all bars blending in at EXACTLY 2.2.

On the TVs they are simply crazy.

Did anybody succeed in making ALL bars blending in at 2.2 on TV?

Thanks.

NOTE: you need to save the image on a usb pen/drive and watch it on your TV.

NOTE2: on PC you must view the image at 100% size (control+0 in most applications)

This is a 1080 version to test on TV on a usb pen.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1587166/gamma-test-1080.jpg

I noted it too. And I figured out that if you save this pic and then reproduce it with MPC-HC + MADVR (for instance), results will be different than calibrating gamma from a web browser.

I tried gamma configuration from Windows screen calibration (on Display, select "calibrate color"), from Adobe Gamma Loader, from AVIA Home Teather and from DVE and ALL give me different results!!!!

I think there is some technical explanation that I'm not completing understanding about gamma.

PS. Sorry for my english.

Hey people, I was trying to get the calibration for a Samsung TV UN55ES7150F. I saw that everytime someone wanted to get a specific calibration they were referred to this site (http://www.avforums.com/forums/14461532-post23.html). Now I would like to know whether those setting were created through some sort of calibration software like something that someone from Fry's or Bestby would come out and use to calibrate my TV or was it eye balled? Although if that website is just a one size fits all king of calibration for all 7000/8000 series then by all means, but I'd like to get a direct answer. Thanks.

Hi i have just purchased a ue40es7000 led tv. When i watch normal tv via the freeview the image seems blurry.Any idea what is the best settings i should have the tv on to stop this from happening. Any help will be gratefull. Thank you. :lease: :D :smashin:

i have used puntnl and mkanet settings for a while now but i am sort of in love with the dynamic setting whilst watch bluray as it gives the "as if you are there feel" were in movie mode it just does not give the same quality as i like to see all the minor detail in for example explosions. does anyone have any dynamic settings in which they can recommend?

Help. Just bought the UN55ES7150F and need the best and most current list of calibrations. USA model. Thank you!

Hey people, I was trying to get the calibration for a Samsung TV UN55ES7150F. I saw that everytime someone wanted to get a specific calibration they were referred to this site (http://www.avforums.com/forums/14461532-post23.html). Now I would like to know whether those setting were created through some sort of calibration software like something that someone from Fry's or Bestby would come out and use to calibrate my TV or was it eye balled? Although if that website is just a one size fits all king of calibration for all 7000/8000 series then by all means, but I'd like to get a direct answer. Thanks.

I bought the same TV at Costco today, and need the settings so I can the best out of this TV. Thanks!

Can someone recommend the best settings for 64D8000 model ?

Hi,

I was looking for a bit of help, I have recently brought a TP-Link W8970 router and have connected a hard drive to stream over wifi, but I keep getting the message "unsupported format" when I try to play any type of file on my samsung. It use to work through my old Belkin router, I updated the firmware and its been of no use. I can't seem to find any help on the internet for this, my Panasonic TV stream perfectly so do all other devices that support DLNA, it's just the samsung giving me the problem!

I know this post is old, but let me know if you ever found some helpful calibration settings. I just bought the same T.V. and haven't been able to find anything specific to this T.V.model

HI all, does anyone have advice for my samsung UE55 D8000 screen settings when using my PS3? im really struggling with this!! HELP!!

HI all, does anyone have advice for my samsung UE55 D8000 screen settings when using my PS3? im really struggling with this!! HELP!!
try posting in the Picture Perfect forum, link is in my sig.

Curly

hi just wondering if u can help me out as far i know when u are calibrating a tv u should calibrate each device (like bluray player , Xbox, Satellite reviver box) separately .. but i am using a reviver to connecting all my device so there are one hdmi cable going to my reviver to tv and all other device are connected to the receiver so how i am gona do it ....

how i am separably calibrating all device plz help

hi just wondering if u can help me out as far i know when u are calibrating a tv u should calibrate each device (like bluray player , Xbox, Satellite reviver box) separately .. but i am using a reviver to connecting all my device so there are one hdmi cable going to my reviver to tv and all other device are connected to the receiver so how i am gona do it ....

how i am separably calibrating all device plz help

Just calibrate the different modes, i.e. standard, movie, dynamic & natural.

Ok these seem to be the best mixture of settings, Let me know what you think folks.

PICTURE
Picture Mode Movie
Backlight 14
Contrast 97
Brightness 40
Sharpness 15
Color 48
Tint 50/50
ADVANCED
Black Tone Dark
Dynamic Contrast Off
Shadow Detail 0
Gamma 1
Color Space Auto
Flesh Tone 0
Edge Enhancement Off
Motion Lighting Off
xvYCC Off
Led Motion Plus On
PICTURE OPTIONS
Colour Tone Warm1
Digital Noise Filter Off
Mpeg Noise Filter Off
HDMI Black level normal
Film Mode n/a
Motion Plus Clear

R-Offset 19
G-Offset 18
B-Offset 20
R-Gain 31
G-Gain 30
B-Gain 24

R G B
1 4 4 0
2 2 3 1
3 0 1 0
4 -2 -1 -1
5 0 -2 -2
6 1 -1 -2
7 0 0 0
8 1 0 1
9 1 -1 3
10 1 -1 4

Guys, how do you adjust the RGB settings on a Samsung UE40D7000? I cant find how to do it.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom