Samsung D6510 or D7000?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by GokuSS4, Jan 4, 2012.

1. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Hi all,

I have been doing a lot of checking online on a 40inch Samsung 3d LED tv and having read through a lot online i've seen that Samsung active screens display 1080p 3d to each eye even on the UE40D6510 however I read on here someone saying that the 6 series doesnt display 1080p in 3d to each eye but the 7 series does.

Is this true? Also if so how comes Samsung says it does?

As I got paid today its not enough for the 7 series which cheapest I have seen it is £870 but after accounting for bills etc I have enough for the 6510.

So the question is should I just save up for the 7 series or is the 6 series still pretty good and just get that?

I will be using it for playing on my Xbox 360 and watching blu-ray movies (once I get a blu-ray player or PS3 again)

2. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I've also been looking at the D6530 is that better? Seems cheaper and looks nice also :)

3. tut_gareth

tut_gareth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I was playing with a 46 D7000 on Saturday and was almost swayed away from the Panny GT30 plasma I ended up buying.

GT5 and B'OPs in 2D on PS3 played fantastically on it, and the 3D processing on GT5 was very good indeed. I would go and check out both sets in a shop if you can before you make your decision.... :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  4. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I think the only reason I am put off my Panasonic is that their current tv's dont seem that appealling with the bezel, the viera's looks really nice though.

But yeah I think I will go to a shop and have a look also will take my xbox 360 along if i can to see how it is.

Looking on cnet the 6530 got really good reviews.

I am currently using a Samsung LE40R74BDX which is 5years old and only does 720p with 1 hdmi v1.1 >.< so it would definently be a big jump.

5. anil2

anil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I had the D6510 before, which i returned for the D7000. It had too much clouding so i returned it and after seeing the D7000 in store i decided to spend the extra for it. Its also has Full HD3D, unlike the D6510. Both are very good 2D sets though. So it comes down to your needs and if you need 1080p 3D.

6. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    What about the UE40D6530? That seems to be cheaper and I think better? Or is it worth just saving?

To be honest I think I want 3D just for the gimmick I might find it amazing playing and watching some stuff in 3D for the first few times but even then I wasnt sold on the idea when I went to the cinema and paid the extra for 3D movies they just looked poor i.e. hardly 3D looking to be honest :-(

I think it boils down to the fact that I finally got some money and want to just rush out and get any tv lol im silly like that >.< but if the D6530 is really that bad how comes its gotten such great reviews?

7. EvilEdna

EvilEdna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I had the D6530 but sent it back due to really bad bleed in all four corners, other wise i would of kept it, the PQ in HD is fantastic, i was happy with the 3d as well even though it is not full hd, the only other thing that bugged me was the stand is really flimsy, if it had a more solid stand, and if there would of been no light bleed, i would of kept it, if you are going to wall mount it, and you get lucky ie no clouding, which i did not have and no light bleed, i would defo buy it.

8. faheemrazzaq

faheemrazzaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    D6530 gets good reviews for its 2D performance where it is almost at par with expansive D7000 and D8000 sets. 3D performance is affected by reduced resolution and cross talk. If you read review on HDTVtest, they have recommended it but as a 2D TV only and decided not to consider D6530 3D capabilities at all.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  9. anil2

anil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    d6510 and d6530 are the same tv's, just a different colour tv and stand

10. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I guess I will just save a bit more and get the D7000, although it is a shame that the TV's dont have a faster ms time for gaming.

11. dancingmatt

dancingmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    What is the lag time? Is it significantly worse than a GT30?

12. tut_gareth

tut_gareth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I didn't notice any difference on the D7000 Lag wise when gaming. I couldn't see / feel any Lag at all

13. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    That's good to hear! :-D

Ive read the GT's are like 30ms or so?

Whereas the Samsungs are like 70ms unless you turn off a lot of the features and put it in gaming mode it is around 40ms.

I will definently be getting the Samsung UE40D7000 for the fact that it looks awesome, has great features and can get it for around £870. I only need a couple of hundred quid more lol.

14. anil2

anil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I play a lot of COD online on my D7000 and you need to play with Game Mode on, otherwise the delay will get you killed a lot! lol

15. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Ouch, did you also disable a few of the features to decrease the delay? I've read there are some things to turn off in order to get it down to around 40ms.

It's a shame Samsung haven't released any firmware to reduce it further :(

16. anil2

anil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    No, i just turn Game Mode on and its perfectly playable. I think Game Mode disables all the processors, which cause the delay. You have to compromise on the picture quality, but you can tweak the settings to you needs.

17. BOUMSONG

BOUMSONG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I've been looking for a 46" 3dtv for ages now. Was initially looking to spend £600-700 and was close to deciding on the Panasonic TX-P46ST30. I then saw some good reviews for the Samsung D6530 and because it's for my bedroom I thought I might stretch my budget to that as it's got a very tiny frame. A 46" is really pushing it for my room space and cutting down on frame size would be beneficial.

But seeing the D6530 taking a slating on here makes it look like that would be a bad choice.

Would the TX-P46ST30 be better than the D6530? I would like a narrow frame but the other Samsungs seem well over the £1000 mark.

Please advise

ps - do richer sounds beat all online prices because the d7000 is £1200 here http://www.electricaldiscountcentre.co.uk/shop/samsung_3d_led_tv.html#a132 and £1300 on richer sounds

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  18. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Ignore EVERYTHING BAD you have read about sorry for the caps.

Check out my analysis on the D6530 which is amazing!
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/3d-tv-technology/1572183-samsung-ue40d6530-better-analysis.html

19. faheemrazzaq

faheemrazzaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Mate with all respect, your analysis is very contradictory to what experts say and what other users have experienced. 3D is not a strong point of D6530. 3D on D6530 will keep blowing you off until you watch some content on a TV which is capable of producing full hd 3d, e.g. D7000, D8000, etc. Anyways I am glad that you are happy with your purchase.

I owned a 55" D6530 and I know how good or bad 3D can be on this set. It suffers from noticeable cross talk and scenes with alot of depth suffer most in the distant objects. Well I upgraded it to a D7000 and think it is worth it. Of course you have your own opinion. :)

20. r4nd0m

r4nd0m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    really? none of the 6series does 3D in full hd, I got an upgrade to the 7000 from richersounds when complaining about it ... the facts can be found here D6x00 TVs FULL HD 3D Defect - SamyGO and should be known by now ... the 7000 is basically the same device as the 8000 apart from the bezel and the samsung light ... so the 7000 is currently the best option from my perspective

21. BOUMSONG

BOUMSONG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Anyone got any idea about the above? From the website I think it says you have to go into a street retailer to talk about prices but there are no shops in Scotland from what I gather.

22. woofaki

woofaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The bold part was what i saw with my aunts 40 6xxx model when it was playing
    Pirates of Caribbean 4,compared to my D8000 cross talk was so bad to the point that it was a blurry mess in the distance,even my aunt saw it and asked me why it looks like this,i didn't wanted to disappoint him so i said it was the film effect lol

23. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,108
    Yeah think im gonna go for the D7000. Just trying to find a deal now that will give me 2 free pairs of glasses and a nice warranty for 1K. :)

24. mrobbo

mrobbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    What size D7000 are you looking for, addyb? I'm also shopping around for deals on this model.

Check out Crampton and Moore (handy for me as they are local) :-

UE40D7000 + BDD5500 Blu Ray Player + 4 Pairs of Glasses - 3D TV - Crampton & Moore (TV) Ltd

- UE40D7000
    - Four pairs of glasses
    - BDD5500 Blu Ray player
    - £959
    - This price includes just a one year warranty. They sell 5 year warrantys for and additional £169, but I'd like to think they would throw this in for free.. Maybe.

25. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,108
    Thanks for that mate. Yep looking at the 40" model myself.

26. Ralphy1981

Ralphy1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +268
    The D7000 comes with 2 pairs of glasses in the box.

27. mrobbo

mrobbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Nice one. Yeah, I'm seriously considering this TV, although we are planning on moving house, so it would make sense to move before buying the kit before moving in!

Out of interest, are you considering purchasing a home cinema system to go with your set? If so, what have you got your eye on?

28. Google eye

Google eye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the UE40D6510 and love it. As I said before in an earlier thread it came with 2 pairs of 3D glasses in the box and an extra Blue Ray disc of megamind with another 2 pairs of 3D glasses in the Megamind blue ray package.

The pair of glasses that came with the megamind package was not as good as the pair that came with the box that the TV was in.

They came in a black box and the 3D activating button is right in the front of the glasses and they were work great.

I know many of the reviews are slating the UED406510's 3D performance but in my experiance used with the right 3D glasses it works wonderful.

When I first got the TV yes I did notice a bit of ghosting but I realised that there is a setting on the 3D menu where you can reduce the ghosting and once I corrected this it has been fine ever since.
    The 3D on the UE40D6510 is not as bad as What Hi Fi reviewers and others are saying . OK its not full HD but its defantly enjoyable and has the Wow factor.
    Yesterday I was watching 'The Universe' on SKY 3D channel and it was incredible.

I didn't realise that the UE40D6530 was the same TV as the UE40D6510. The 6530 is £100 cheaper then the 6510. Samsung store in Westfield east London are doing the UE40D6530 for £649 plus it comes with 2 pairs of glasses which is a great price. The only difference is that the UE40D6510 has a white frame and spider legs stand which is very easy to set up and is very secure. I have heard that the stand on the UE40D6530 is flimsy.
    Is it worth spending another £100 for a more secure TV stand and a white frame.
    The UE40D6510 are hard to find in the big stores because of the White frame.

Dave

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  29. mrobbo

mrobbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Just on this point, I noticed JL had the white UE406510 on display in their Sheffield store this lunchtime (£749.95). Just in case anyone is looking for one ;)

30. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,108

Got my mouse cursor hovering over the "add to basket" button as I type. Seems like a great deal and cant find anywhere with the same deal. Why am I in 2 minds though?