1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung D500 Vs Sony E S700i

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by realslimcookie, Apr 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am considering getting one of the phones mentioned in the title. I was wondering if anyone knows which one is better as i have had conflicting views. Some say the D500 is better and vice-versa. I have had a play with both phones and both seem to have pros and cons. I have to say i am liking the D500 more as it is smaller. Does anybody know if the Bluetooth functionality is better on the D500 than the S700i.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Realslimcookie.

2. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,010
    I'm also down to choosing between these two. Looks like the SE has the best quality camera for this size of phone, but I'd like a smaller (D500) phone. From the D500 thread, I see some have had troubles with the software for Bluetooth, but once running it seems ok. Not sure about the SE.

3. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just ordered the D500 from Vodafone as an upgrade so i can let you know my thoughts about the d500 when i receive it and have a play with it.

4. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    D500 would be my choice, smaller than the SE, and if you got it for £60 including the year's line rental, a real bargain.

5. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,010
    I should say! How do you get a years line rental for £60? I've just got a D500. Seems pretty good. Just didn't think I'd like the phone side of the S700i, too cumbersome.

Also got a Sam E720 on order for the wife.

6. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I posted the original offer in the AV Hardware Special Offer forum, but the offer has since expired.

7. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well i received my Samsung D500 on tuesday (10th) from Vodafone as an upgrade from a sharp GX20 and i have to say it is a fantastic little thing!! The bluetooth is amazing - reinvented my mobile world and the quality of the unit is top draw! I also have to say that Vodafone have sent it to me sim free (unlocked), and as i have an old Orange sim card and it takes that as well. (BONUS!!!!). I haven't put it down yet, i can safely say i feel i have made the right choice. One final note the battery life is brilliant, since tuesday morning on receiving the unit and giving it its first charge i haven't charged it since. I would have charged my sharp gx20 phone at least once in this time. I didn't get it for £60, i had to pay Vodafone £25 and then just my current price plan each month which isn't that much really. I found the best way to get a good deal was just to send them a cancellation letter and then do a deal.

Regards,

Realslimcookie.

8. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Mine came unlocked as well!