Samsung D500 - limited service??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by ben_h, Apr 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ben_h

ben_h

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a Samsung D500 about 5 weeks ago and have had no problems until today. I keep getting the "Limited service" message and can make or receive no calls or texts even though I have full reception bars.

I have an online 200 contract with 02 and spent 30mins on the phone with them this evening and they have come to the conclusion it is a handset problem, and as I have no insurance they say it is my problem!

Does anyone know a) how to fix this and/or b) Is this my problem or should 02/Samsung replace my handset?
    :lease:

Thanks in Advance

2. hwharton

hwharton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless you damanged the phone in someway then any issue would be covered by warrentee, it is unusual for a company who sold you a phone to say it's your problem but legally i suppose it is there right as the warrentee is actually with Samsung. In the box the phone came in there should be a warrentee card giving details, if you can't find that then try www.samsung-mobile.co.uk and see if you can pull a customer service number.

Personally I'd try customer services again because it sounds like you got crap service, if this doesn't work a trip to a retail O2 store might work esp if you have a dispatch note if you received the phone via post, they maybe able to send it to a repair centre for you. Other than that see what Samsung have to say. And a letter to one (all) of the directors about your treatment might not be a bad idea.

H