1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung D500 Bluetooth v's Sony Vaio

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by ca_smith78, May 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ca_smith78

ca_smith78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have rencently purchased a Samsung D500 with Bluetooth to work with a shiny new Sony Vaio Laptop (XpSP1) with in- built bluetooth (less than 12 months old). Unfortunately I can't get the laptop to find any Bluetooth 'Services' provided by the D500. When connected I can send files to the laptop but the laptop only 'detects' the D500 but can't find any 'services'.

Am I correct in thinking that the Sony Laptop does not support a Samsung phone. Or is that too cynical?

Do I need an update driver for the vaio? If so where can I get one? (Sony website only has a newer version of Bluespace software which still does not work - I have also downloaded all Samsung Drivers from their website but does not provide Sony Hardware support)

Any help would be greatfully appreciated :lease:

2. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i can garauntee that its nothing to do with the names of the products, ive used my sony ericsson and a nokia phone with my sony vaio's bluetooth. Its universal and therefore why you can transfer files between any phone or device with bluetooth. Just make sure your bluetooth on your phone is on and make sure your laptop's bluetooth is on. Do a device scan on your d500 to look for other bluetooth devices and it should find your vaio. If not then go to your vaio and double click the bluetooth logo in the systray and go to the options tab and make sure discovery is on. Then retry the steps. It should find the laptop, choose to add it to your device list and then youl be asked to create a passkey, then your laptop will say a device is trying to connect and ask for the same key. Put that in and then both are connected and bluespace should connect to it and click device discovery to find the phone or a text box will appear at the top saying the name which is assigned to ur d500. You click that and your ready to go as it will scan for the services offered from that phone.
    hope this helps, let me know if theres anything else or where it goes wrong :thumbsup:

3. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also, i arent sure with not experiencing a samsung's bluetooth but go through the settings on your d500 to check anything about allowing services is on and on the bluetooth window i said about in the previous post (from clicking the bluetooth icon in the systray) click the phone (as you said it is connected) and click properties. Then in the new window click the tab called 'services' and then it will scan your phone for the services offered. Put ticks in these boxes and the different drivers are installed so all options are available in bluespace such as Dial Up Networking etc. this hopefully will help!!!

4. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'm also battling with my D500 and a VAIO laptop.
    I have gotten the two connected and have copied an mp3 from the phone to the laptop via the phone itself, but i cannot seem to do anything the other way. I cannot get the laptop to copy anything back to the phone. I've tried using the easystudio software but it seems pretty rubbish really.

5. ca_smith78

ca_smith78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I with you there Matt, that is exactly the same problem as me. Thanks Pete for the info but it still does not work from Laptop to phone. Asked Sony who advised to upgrade to Win XP SP2. Seems like they don't know why it does not work on SP1 and just generically tell you to upgrade to SP2.

Let me know how you get on Matt

Thanks

Chris

6. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :( sorry guys its beyond me :confused:

lol hope you get it sorted!

7. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well I've got bluetooth workin on the laptop and can see my mates nokia and Sony phones and my friends mac can connect to my phone ok, but i cannot see my laptop from my phone which is frustrating.

8. jamie_m_

jamie_m_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is a problem with the Viao/Samsung combination.
    I have full blue tooth connectivity between amy Viao and nokia phone, also full connectivity between TDK dongle on desktop and Samsung D500

But between D500 and Vaio (vgn-t2xp) all I get is serial port connection device which lets the outlook sync work ... but that is about it.

Both companies tech support balme each other for being non-standard.