Samsung d105(i), How to record from Vcr to video cam?

H

Hellfire

Hi.
I hope someone can help me with this one?
I read in the manual that i can connect and record a program from Tv or Vcr and into the Digital video cam.
I have a Samsung d105(i) cam.
I have tried to connect with the scart plug that was inside my package.
In one end is a scart plug with 3 wires.
1 red, 1 yellow and 1 white, and in the other end just 1 pin that fits into my camera (AV).

I set my cam in player mode, changes the menu to (AV IN).
But when i plug my scart plug in vcr or tv and into my cam, the LCD screen is just black.
No sound or no picture.

What am i doing wrong ?

Can somebody please help me ?

Thanks ! :lease:

Hi,

You'll normally find that the SCART lead that comes with camcorders is only wired to work one direction only - From the camcorder to the VCR.

Assuming that your camcorder is enabled for AV in (not all are, but the fact you can enable AV In you should be OK), you'll need to buy yourself a SCART lead that works in both directions - Camcorder to VCR and VCR to Camcorder. MAPLINS sell them, as do PC World and loads of other places.

When you've got the lead, make sure that you plug it into the SCART OUT socket of your VCR and not the SCART IN. You should then be able to record OK.

Hi.
Thanks for your answer !

Yes, i will go and buy a new cable to see if that works.

There was a scart plug inside my package, but maybe that one won't work ?

Yes, i read in the manual that the camera can record from vcr and tv, and it says that i should connect the scart that was inside my package into my vcr, and then set the preferences to Av In, but when i connect it, the Lcd screen is just black, with no sound or video.

I 100% sure that i have connected it to my vcr the right way, because there is only 1 scart plug connection to it, and normally i have it connect to my tv, and it works there.

But it can be just as you said, that the scart plug is one way only, so i should buy a new one that works both ways.

I'll try it and see !!

Thanks !

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom