1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Customer Service OMG!!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Dark Lord Vigo, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Dark Lord Vigo

Dark Lord Vigo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, new to forum - have pilfered tips before without registering.

I had a lot of trouble with my Samsung WS3264...blah, can't remember. The picture basically kept dimming everytime a white source wasn't present on the screen. Replacement set did exactlly the same leading me to believe design flaw. Told em I didn't want parts replacing in new TV, wanted replacement set.

Anyway, to cut it short was fobbed off for six, yes SIX, months before resolution. This was only reached when I threatened county court summons and even then had to send to BITE PR who represent Samsung rather than the Customer Service Center. Three of these months with no replacement provided by Samsung while they held my set captive waiting for a tuner, which I honestly didn't think would solve the problems.

On the last minute of the deadline I gave before I would issue an injunction, the head of Samsung UK customer service phoned me. After negotiating I got out of them a SP42W4HB.

Not very happy with having to stick with a Samsung product, but not much I could do unless wanted to wait a year for courts to process.

The SP42 is the reason I post in this bit. The display model and picture I've seen in shops seem quite reasonable for this price bracket and they have some handy functions.

Does anyone have one (other than the guy who was complaining the other day about his - I know you're not too keen)?

Also, what's the actual deal with consoles on rptv's, is it a not at all thing or 10-15% of the time like the manual suggests?

I take delivery next week direct courier from Samsung, so any info you can suggest like service menu code etc would be massively appreciated.

I had real trouble getting a code for the WS3264..., no one seemed to have a clue. I reckon a lot, but not all, of it's ailments could've been cured in the service menu.

Anyway, that's my intro, hi everyone and good forum.

2. Dark Lord Vigo

Dark Lord Vigo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah thanks, feel the warmth. :thumbsdow

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    DLV: No luck with your problems. Still at least you're getting a new TV.

I suspect that no-one knows the access codes you are looking for which may be why you havent had any response.

Gordon

4. andi

andi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    People help out where they can. It's not like everyone on the board is a TV expert in EVERY TV from EVERY manufacturer. You're not even paying for the advice. Don't be such a grumpy guts.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    where did you buy the original set?