Samsung customer service is a joke........

T

Tarks

Bought a Samsung LE32R74 in the summer and started flashing black and white on programs I recorded on Sky+ or paused not long after getting it. The problem got worse but I thought it was a problem with my Sky box until I checked it on another TV and it was infact the TV.

I called Samsung on 14/11/06 and they said they were aware of this problem and would arrange for a local engineer to call me. I then had the call and arranged a time and took a days holiday. Engineers turned up (Dumb and Dumber) and weren't aware of why they were coming out, claimed to never of heard about the problem and said nothing we can do and left.

I then called Samsung back on 01/12/06 and complaint was told I'd get a call back, no call back so I called again on 05/12/06 was told I'd get a call back, no call so i called back on 08/12/06 and was told I'd get a call back from a manager. I have just called back today as no one returned my call said i wanted to speak to complaints and the line was busy (un supriisingly the way they have treat me). The call handler tried twice and said she'd have to leave a call back and I said I'm not going anywhere till i speak to someone as they never call back. She then said she couldn't tie her line up with 1 customer so I have no choice, I told her I wasn't going and eventually got her supervisor.

He said he'd after request an engineers report (doubt there is one as they didn't do anything and why wasn't this requested before?) and has assured to call me back when he has one.

What rubbish service for them and I will not buy from them again. I will be trying to get a refund and buying from another manufacturer.

mrtbag

Novice Member
Who did you buy it from? I've always found going back to the retailer first get's more done, as they have more 'legal' obligation to sort out the issue.

T

Tarks

Bought it from Dixons website. Reason I called Samsung was I'd seen a few people on here with the same prob and they said to call Samsung. May give Dixons a shout in a few days if I get no joy then!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom