Samsung colors being wacky

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Raz83, Feb 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Raz83

Raz83
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I picked up my tv off the tv stand and put it on the floor because I was selling my tv stand. A few days later I turned the tv on while it was on the ground and noticed something odd about the colors. I noticed while watching tv through hdmi on my dish network the colors looked somewhat inverted every now and then. While having it hooked up to my laptop via hdmi I don't notice it too much but there's still something going on with the black color. Something I noticed regardless of what is hooked up is the menu color is completely different. It went from the regular aqua to like magenta. The main menu has gone from what I believe was black to now maroonish. There is also some weird square within my tv that you can see from the picture.

In what I named 'pic1' you can see there is a square around the edge. This was never there before. The dark image in the center is just my shadow so ignore that.

In what I named pic2, you can see the menu color looks like something out of ms-dos. It was not like that at all before.

In pic3, you can see the top left header has some weird line going through 'no time information' and under 'hdmi' it that is only visible when the menu is up. That was never there either.

I already took the tv apart and made sure all wires are snug.

I already went and did a factory reset. Tried to find 'ddr' and change it to 'samsung' which seems to have fixed other peoples problems but i dont have that option in my service menu.

A year + ago the tv barely started. I opened the tv and found the caps were practically blown up. Had to replace them. When I opened the tv the caps still looked intact.

From what I'm reading, I might have a tcon board problem. Can someone confirm this before I go and spend money on something to make sure this is in fact the probable cause? I just don't understand how moving the tv from tv stand to ground could have caused this or was this just coincidence that it went bad at the same time ? I was pretty gentle in putting it down too.

Thank you for reading and/or helping!

edit: btw, don't mind the 2 squares floating around in the screen. That is my standby mode for my network media tank. The background color on that is also warped. It should not be black (shows up as blue in the picture but its black/grey in real life)

Attached Files:

2. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Please post model number so I can move this to the correct forum.

Curly

3. Raz83

Raz83
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry. It's model # LN40A500TIF

4. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member