Samsung choices - Advice!

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by OtherSide, Jan 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. OtherSide

OtherSide
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Basically, I've got £600 to spend on a new LCD TV system but I've managed to narrow it down to the samsung screens as I love their styling and screen quality. I was originally looking at a Mirai 32" screen, but I just don't like the styling of it at all - its a bargain though at £435!

Then I saw the Samsung LE32R71WX, lovely sexy white phwaaar! But only 1 year warrantee and I can't afford to get more (600 limited remember). I was also looking at the black version with Digital TV built in, which is also very nice, but still (600 quid!) Now I can go down to 26" as the room its going in isn't huge, but they don't have white!! But I could possibly spend the remaining £100 on an extended warrante.

But now I read that the sound on these screens isnt all that amazing, but that doesn't bother me much I don't think as I'll be buying a surround sound all in one system at some point i think. And plus I'm moving up from a 21" LG CRT dome fronted TV which the sound on that isn't great either, so I doubt I'd notice. I might actually go into currys/comet and ask for a listen to the sound quality!

I've also been reading about the JL price match going on, and with that having a 5 year warrantee on all TVs I'm considering going down that route, either on the 26" or the 32". Now I understand that the price match is only bricks and motar, also is it limited to a certain area around the store I will be calling?

Any help would be apreciated, I've got another week or so until i have the funds so there is no huge rush. But because I've been looking online so much recently I actually dreamt I had an LCD TV last night - ARGH!

Sorry for the long post, got carried away maybe :suicide:

:lease: help!

Daryl.