Samsung C8000 Owners Thread

Jimmybonds007

Established Member
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me what firmware they are on please and whether (and how) they have updated.

Thanks.

PS - Sorry about the short title - pressed submit too quickly.

dude forget about what firmware! wot u wonna update the firmware for? u just got the damn tv, didn't u?.... by asking this question i take it u have already purchased this set as i will be doing in the next couple of weeks when john lewis have it in stock :)........ what i wonna know from you is .... the remote that came with the TV, is it the samsung premium (RMC301C1) remote or the standard remote?....... i have today spoken to "2" of samsungs tech guys Mod Comment: removed and both have told me that this model UE55C8000 "does" indeed come with this premium remote!!!.... but if u download the pdf user instruction guide from the smasung website it clearly describes everything for the TM1080 (standard silver)remote!!!!.....also on their website if u look at the technical specs. it shows that it does not come with a power lead!!..... so dude if u can confirm or deny this for me and the rest of the population we'de appreciate it..... let me know, cheers :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
dude forget about what firmware! wot u wonna update the firmware for? u just got the damn tv, didn't u?.... by asking this question i take it u have already purchased this set as i will be doing in the next couple of weeks when john lewis have it in stock :)........ what i wonna know from you is .... the remote that came with the TV, is it the samsung premium (RMC301C1) remote or the standard remote?....... i have today spoken to "2" of samsungs tech guys Mod Comment: Removed and both have told me that this model UE55C8000 "does" indeed come with this premium remote!!!.... but if u download the pdf user instruction guide from the smasung website it clearly describes everything for the TM1080 (standard silver)remote!!!!.....also on their website if u look at the technical specs. it shows that it does not come with a power lead!!..... so dude if u can confirm or deny this for me and the rest of the population we'de appreciate it..... let me know, cheers :clap:

the c7000 and c8000 both come with the silver premium remote which is the TM1080. the touch screen one will come with the c9000 lcd, the power lead is also fixed to the tv as opposed to a dettached power lead.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a firmware upgrade which I have now done. I dont care how new it is - if there is one, I want to download it.

It comes with the standard remote and the power lead is fixed in the TV.

I've just ordered this set :thumbsup: and wondered what your initial impressions of it are?

I saw the UE55C7000 in action and loved Avatar on Bluray. I opted for the 8000 series although having seen the silver surround I'm not sure I actually like it.

How is the 3d, cross talk seems to being discussed more and more in relation to the Samsung sets?

Thanks in advance

There is a firmware upgrade which I have now done. I dont care how new it is - if there is one, I want to download it.

It comes with the standard remote and the power lead is fixed in the TV.

once you have updated your firmware do you need to reset your setting again or does it keep them all saved?

also are you wall mounting your as i want to haven't looked at the power yet but cable isn't long enough to put on the wall. Have you removed the cover to see what is behind

I'm interested in this model.

Can you give your impressions on SD quality, backlight bleed and the viewing angle as well as the other questions?

Thanks.

I'm interested in this model.

Can you give your impressions on SD quality, backlight bleed and the viewing angle as well as the other questions?

Thanks.

I received my UE55C8000 on Friday afternoon, but didn't manage to start setting up until Saturday morning.

SD quality depends alot on the recording and age of the source material. I cannot see any bleed on what I have seen so far. HD material is fantastic, AVATAR played through a PS3 was a sight to behold!!

On a side note, setting up the PS3, it detected the TV as being 3D under the Display settings. It asked me for screen size for optimal viewing, and then under Automatic Settings for saving, on top of the normal 720p and 1080p, it now also shows 720p(3D) & 1080p (3D).

I heard there was a rumour that the last firmware included an update for 3D games, this is probably good proof, but obviously won't work until games patched/released.

I do get this blocky computer like grey/black in dark scenes. As I am a converted plasma user, I've never seen this. This I believe is an LCD/LED issue and not specific to this model.

How do I get rid? I thought that patchy stuff had long gone on LCDs...

I do get this blocky computer like grey/black in dark scenes. As I am a converted plasma user, I've never seen this. This I believe is an LCD/LED issue and not specific to this model.

How do I get rid? I thought that patchy stuff had long gone on LCDs...

Myself and at least one other person have this issue on the c7000, it may be a issue only on lcd's but i have never seen this before on my pervious samsung lcd's!

Got my UE55C8000 today and have really only just started playing.

Freeview SD via standard aerial looks very nice especially considering its such a large set.

I couldnt get my USB stick to work though. It simply said I should use USB HDD.

Also, my 360 via PC input showed real signs of ghosting that at this stage I'll put down to the cable.

Oh, and my stand doesnt rotate left and right?

Still got a lot to learn with this TV but so far I'm loving it.

:clap:

hi

i know you have only just got your set but could you please report back if you also find teh above issue

cheers

hi

i know you have only just got your set but could you please report back if you also find teh above issue

cheers

...And also if you're seeing judder on BD's and what settings you've used to fix this etc.

:)

hi

cheers

I'm still playing with the settings and cant settle on anything yet. I've still only watched SD but have so far found little to no dithering. Jaws 3 was on and the dark under water scenes thankfully looked ok with no dithering or blocking.

I still need to decide on a main setting to really try and hone in on a good set of adjustments. I'm between "standard" and "natural" at the moment although the greying out of certain options depending on main setting is a pain.

So far, "natural" seems to be a good start for football, whilst "standard" and tweaks helps normal viewing.

BTW, can someone confirm they managed to record to a USB? I have tried to two devices (2Gb and 8Gb) in both ports and cannot record. Tells me unsuitable device.

Last edited:
I'm still playing with the settings and cant settle on anything yet. I've still only watched SD but have so far found little to no dithering. Jaws 3 was on and the dark under water scenes thankfully looked ok with no dithering or blocking.

I still need to decide on a main setting to really try and hone in on a good set of adjustments. I'm between "standard" and "natural" at the moment although the greying out of certain options depending on main setting is a pain.

So far, "natural" seems to be a good start for football, whilst "standard" and tweaks helps normal viewing.

BTW, can someone confirm they managed to record to a USB? I have tried to two devices (2Gb and 8Gb) in both ports and cannot record. Tells me unsuitable device.

Finally, got the record to USB working. You'll need to have a combined read/write speed of 5MB. Works nicely although it appears to only support recording from Freeview?

And is there anyway of turning off the illuminated Samsung logo!!?

Its under general settings, lighting gives you various options such as on or off all the time, off when on standby etc..

Hi all:hiya:

I am very keen to hear what you guys think of your new 55c8000`s as i am torn between this and the ps63c7000! I have an old LG plasma at the moment and not sure weather to change to LED? Any pro`s and con`s would be welcome! cheers!:clap:

Hi all:hiya:

I am very keen to hear what you guys think of your new 55c8000`s as i am torn between this and the ps63c7000! I have an old LG plasma at the moment and not sure weather to change to LED? Any pro`s and con`s would be welcome! cheers!:clap:

Well I've just converted from Plasma (508XD no less!) and the picture is no where near the quality of the 508XD IMHO.

That said, I havent really played enough with the settings to understand how I get rid of the all to common LCD blocky greys and blacks.

Has anyone found the Sky remote code for the Samsung UE55C7000, I've tried all of the usual ones, which don't work.

Thanks

Does anyone have (or has anyone seen) some decent callibration settings for this TV yet?

i haven't seen anything was hoping for some for my c7000 still not 100% happy with mine

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom