Samsung C750 LCD TV *Part 6*

Sorry but are you saying that the blink issue was present pre-C series?

Not really sure what you mean AlbaJoe, but... :)

The C755 European, Nordic model of the TV was in the stores august 2010 here in Denmark. I bought my TV the 2nd of aug. 2010. It wasn't a pre-C series release. But if I'm right, the TV probably did hit the streets in other countries way before that time, as we here in Denmark (in many cases) isn't the first in line to get new models, hardware or anything that has with electronics to do.

But I had my blinking problems the minute I got the TV, and it was very bad with 1-10 blinks a day. So bad, that I contacted Samsung premium support for a repair guy to come out at fix it. The gut came, and swapped the mainboard, nothing else. Of cause as we know know, it doesn't help anything. Also new HDMI cables or different HDMI devices (I tried 4 different HDMI devices), will put an end to the blink problem.

Samsung has been doing something to the problem in a positive direction, with firmware updates. But I'm still not convinced, that they've solved it completely. But since the latest 3011 firmware, I still haven't seen any blinks. And I've watched a lot of TV from Christmas till now :) I'm still hoping for the best, crossing my fingers.

@e3henri, thanks for remote info...
About the remote, I've always thought it felt quite good & solid in build quality. So I didn't expect the buttons to stop working after a year. And I've really been careful, not pressing hard down on them. I also bought a C755 TV for my father in 2010, and he hasn't had any problems with the remote. So I guess I've just been out of luck with it.

I've not been able to reach Samsung yet by phone, but will ask about a remote replacement. Do any of you know what Samsung does, if you have a faulty remote (still premium warranty on the TV). Do they send a new remote to me, want to repair it or do I have to buy a new one? Then I might look out for third part another brand, maybe a Harmony or anything Logitech remote :)

Just your first sentence implies it was an issue pre the c series which I don't think it was.

Unfortunately we are in the hands of Samsung which isn't good place to be.

Surely they would send a new remote. Would cost more for the repair and carriage I would think.

how did u roll back??...did u use the 0000 firmware then re load 2004?

i have found a site with 0000 firmware on it but it doesn't seem unzip properly....where did u get yours?

thanks

Yes that's what I did. I think it was on a whirlpool thread r something. I don't think it was the typical valduec.exe mind you.

Tbh I upgraded to 3011 and might revert back to 2004. The 3d is **** poor again with talk and absolutely no pop effect.

If you can maybe post in my pop effect thread so we can bump it up and get some debate going.

Is there anything you want me to try before I revert?

Is there anything specific u want?

Do you think the latest F/W is working any better ?? or not.
I feel the latest update has not upset the balance of 3D pop out as you say.

Little update from me

Upgraded to the new firmware yesterday from whatever was on when I bought it. 3D seems alot better with alot less crosstalk

I must be lucky as I have had this set for over 12 months and never noticed any blinking (touches some wood)

Anybody got the Netflix app on their Samsung yet?. Samsung are saying it's released, although no one i know including myself have it in the app menu's.

Ive had this TV for over a year now and I feel that Im 'under-using' it if you like, I noticed that it has got Internet TV and All Share but have no idea what they are, I seem to remember when researching the TV, something to do with dnla as well?

Sorry to sound dumb but could someone please explain what these are and how I would go about getting them to work? lol

Im also interested to know what streaming is and if and how it can be done on the TV?

Hi, dammit, since my house move my TV has now rebooted once every evening. This isn't a 'blink' as the TV switches off then then comes back on as indicated by the red power light. I'm going to be using this TV as my PC monitor soon as I've a PS51D6900 on order anyway so I'll see how it goes as it might sort itself out just annoying that the move seems to have affected what was a very good, and, almost perfect TV.
Chris

Ive had this TV for over a year now and I feel that Im 'under-using' it if you like, I noticed that it has got Internet TV and All Share but have no idea what they are, I seem to remember when researching the TV, something to do with dnla as well?

Sorry to sound dumb but could someone please explain what these are and how I would go about getting them to work? lol

Im also interested to know what streaming is and if and how it can be done on the TV?

internet tv is basically a load of app type features, 3d demos, youtube, games , etc etc...you will need a cable to your router or a samsung dongle to use it...Allshare i believe is for if you have multiple samsung things ie bluray, surround sound etc, i think it links them all up somehow and makes operating them easier....

internet tv is now replaced with smart tv on newer samsungs, similar thing but more of it and better laid out.

Its the samsung dongle that puts me off tbh as its £40 on amazon. I can do all those things on ma laptop/pc/tablet so cant see why I would want to spend that on the dongle really.

Seems like a bit of a gimmick?

What about tha dlna function? Whats that about and also what exactly is streaming and how would I go about doing it?

Ive got a PS3 and same goes with that, Im sure Im not using its features as I literally only use it to play games and watch films by inserting a disc lol.

Whats the point in streaming?

Sorry to sound stupid but Im just trying to figure out if my tech can do stuff that I should be taking advantage of or if theres no point in using it as I dont have any need to.

Its the samsung dongle that puts me off tbh as its £40 on amazon. I can do all those things on ma laptop/pc/tablet so cant see why I would want to spend that on the dongle really.

Run a hard cable. You don't want jitter-sensitive video/audio content running over WiFi anyway.

What about tha dlna function? Whats that about and also what exactly is streaming and how would I go about doing it?
Do you have a lot of movies or audio content or still pictures stored on your PC which you would like to use on your AV system? DLNA lets you share them off the PC rather than fiddling with USB flash drives. Also the DLNA servers tend to do a fair job at automatically categorizing your materials by author/album/etc.

How you go about it depends on what OS is on that PC. Some player programs have started to package a DLNA server, some stand alone servers are also available for Win/Linux/MAC.

Ive got a PS3 and same goes with that, Im sure Im not using its features as I literally only use it to play games and watch films by inserting a disc lol.
Which one you use as a DLNA receiver will probably depend on how your content is encoded and how you like the UI on each of them. Also the PS3 can store material locally for when the server is offline, less so with the Samsung.

The web features on the Samsung include a few goodies the PS3 does not, like a pandora client. But they can be a bit fudgy and unresponsive and using them through an IR remote is more tedious than with a game controller or even the sony bluetooth remote.

Some of these features may also be present on your AV tuner, DVD player, and DVR of you have any of those.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
God only knows when we will get it now:

Samsung UK adds Netflix | Broadband TV News

Samsungs approach to these apps is nothing short of disgusting imo. Its like they say "so what if youve got a Samsung TV its not the latest one so fooku".

It has become quite tiresome after the debacle with the 3D explore app.

What's wrong with the 3D application?
It started off slowly but soon speeded up and is excellent now.

Got it today and confirm it works perfectly !!!!

Only ballache now is the fact there is no netflix app aaaiiiieeeeee

What are you running through it ?
As in programs or sorces to watch ?

What are you running through it ?
As in programs or sorces to watch ?

Sorry I was replying to a guy earlier who wanted to know how i got on with the HAMAS wireless wifi.

I only bought it to watch netflix which clearly we are not getting.

My example was what they did with the 3d explorter app where they only put it on the l8st most expnsive units and treated the rest of us like p1sh imo.

What's wrong with the 3D application?
It started off slowly but soon speeded up and is excellent now.

iI find it stutters alot. Its very bandwidth dependent and considering i have 10mbs down and 1 up I wouldnt say I am at the low end relatively speaking for the UK.

Its a mute point now as i have rolled back my firmware to 2004 and therefore can no longer use it. Not fussed as I have plenty 3D in my personal collection thouhg.

I recently had my LE40C750 taken away by Samsung service for repair as the screen developed a row of verticle pixels that were permanently a purple/red colour.

The service centre have discovered that the screen requires replacing but Samsung unfortunately do not have these screens available anymore! I am currently waiting for Samsung to give me a delivery date for a replacement unit, they have told me it will be a brand new tv with a new 12 month warranty however this tv has been discontinued hasn't it? Surely they won't have stock available?

Has anyone else had any experience dealing with Samsungs customer service team as so far they have had my tv for three weeks and they are just telling me "To wait for a phone call from their courier" I personally feel this is poor customer service and I certainly wouldn't expect them to have no spare screens available for a 2010 model?

I find it stutters alot. Its very bandwidth dependent and considering i have 10mbs down
Mine used to but it's improved a lot. That's on a slower connection than yours.

MiniHall: I found Samsung service excellent. Getting you a whole new TV can't be bad, surely?

Mine used to but it's improved a lot. That's on a slower connection than yours.

MiniHall: I found Samsung service excellent. Getting you a whole new TV can't be bad, surely?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that I am getting a new tv but they have had it three weeks to make the decision and now I'm being told that I will have to wait up to 28 days for a phone call from a courier company.

I am just disappointed with the slow service and the lack of help regarding updates and information from the customer service team, to be fair though when I initially contacted them they were very quick to respond and send an engineer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom