Not open for further replies.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is a continuation of the part one thraad that can be found here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/3d-lcd-tvs/1221254-samsung-c750-lcd-tv.html

For reference

Last Post
Hi, hopefully someone can help me? I got the C750 last week and must say it is very impressive. I have one (small) question: How do I set up the Sky (+ or HD) remote control so that I can just use that control instead of the Samsung one? I have found the 0060 code which Sky suggests should work with (perhaps older) Samsung TVs, but using this code does not allow me to control the volume or mute buttons or any of the SKY related buttons on the top (I can only move channels up and down, or enter a channel number). Does anyone have a different code or could send me step-by-step instructions of how to use it (perhaps I have done something wrong along the way using the 0060 code)? Has anyone got any experience in that? Any help appreciated!

Hello everyone,

I am the happy owner of this television. I'm loving every single bit of it.

Despite my joy in this TV, I do have one small problem which I hope any of you could answer.

When watching movies on an USB-pen, is it possible to turn of the motion plus?

I have tried this with no luck, which is quite annoying since I think the motion plus only suits for watching football.

Thank you, and good day:)

SLionB said:
The only "problems" that this TV has are:
Remote Control has narrow angle IR coverage
Sometimes the TV messes up what HDMI source is connected to which HDMI input and you have to unplug and plug cables again.
There is a fresh firmware update 1014 released on 28th of June.

Where did you find that firmware and what are the improvements/change log?
My TV doesn't find it when I run Internet update.
Thanks.

Where did you find that firmware and what are the improvements/change log?
My TV doesn't find it when I run Internet update.
Thanks.

Internet firmware update search has a bug and does not find any firmware.
You have to go to Samsung's web site and download the appropriate firmware into a USB stick and uncompress it running the exe file using a PC into the stick.Fimware update by USB finds the update and does the process.

[RE questions from VALUEFORMONEY]

[***Yeah, glad to see it's workable and let's hope a firmware update sorts it fully. Will check myself when I get a bluray film. I too can put up with it for the footy as like you said the extra clarity is worth it.]

Definitely better with motion settings on clear or mixture on custom – but set too high and get the ball ghosting – but a lot lot better than without on when watching footie after messing while watching Spain/Portugal last night.
Without when it pans the pitch and players slightly loose focus, it's not bad by any means, just better with motion settings on. I was at a friends for the last England match and for a HD picture on an older Samsung set it looked bad in comparison to this new set – I didn't tell him tho! :D

[I agree 100%!! Becoming quite annoying now ? having to dig deep into the menu for certain settings!
***Let's email Samsung!]

Might be worth a shout if we can get enough on board they may listen – wouldn't be hard to include a few more common used functions linked to the ‘Tools' button.

[*** Lol. Great. Did you keep the original default settings for the 3D depth and viewpoint which if I do, I don't get any crosstalk. Only if I increase the 3D'ness. I could really do with checking some 3D film clips for a more thorough test.]

I did keep the original settings – I've tinkered but couldn't see much changing – but I havn't had a proper play with 3D yet – I've got some clips, Sky3D and the PS3 3D game collection so will try to spend some time and have a play and let you know – I just got carried away again after the match, trying out some old HD-DVD's I hadn't used in ages as only just re-setup my player!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I am the happy owner of this television. I'm loving every single bit of it.

Despite my joy in this TV, I do have one small problem which I hope any of you could answer.

When watching movies on an USB-pen, is it possible to turn of the motion plus?

I have tried this with no luck, which is quite annoying since I think the motion plus only suits for watching football.

Thank you, and good day:)

I had this issue - but you can get to it. If you hit the menu button it stops the media play. What you need to do is hit the 'Tools' button on the remote, then go down to picture options and you'll have the motion setting there - just don't press the menu key to exit, use the return or back key.

I'm sure this is how I changed it - same goes for turning 3D on while watching a USB file, except the 3D section shows below the Picture options.

I'm not with the set right now so can't confirm 100% the route to it - but can confirm it is possible! Will check when I get home for you!

Internet firmware update search has a bug and does not find any firmware.
You have to go to Samsung's web site and download the appropriate firmware into a USB stick and uncompress it running the exe file using a PC into the stick.Fimware update by USB finds the update and does the process.

I have updated to the previous newest firmware and didn't realise a new one hit the 28th of this month.

I've been onto the site but it doesn't mention the contents of the update.

Can you only see this once you open the extracted folders from the .exe?

I'm interested to see whats included in this update - can anyone shed any light?

Last edited:
I have updated to the previous newest firmware and didn't realise a new one hit the 28th of this month.

I've been onto the site but it doesn't mention the contents of the update.

Can you only see this once you open the extracted folders from the .exe?

I'm interested to see whats included in this update - can anyone shed any light?

There is no informatin about what every new update fixes.
It's Samsung's policy for an unknown reason.
This policy along with that you cannot roll back to a previous version is my major complain.

Went into John Lewis today after they called me to confirm price match with prc @ 899 but without the blu ray player.

Went ahead and ordered it, they wanted a week for delivery so I opted to pick it up on friday morning from the local depot just minutes away from me.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not long now :D

Which leads me to the next important question, how heavy is the package all togeather? Is it a one man job getting it into a car or what?

Off the Samsung website:

Package weight 25.4kg
Set weight with stand 20.1kg
Set weight without stand 17.6kg

Not sure what I think of that review.

I think they may have copied it from their C650 review, as it makes a mention of watching the C750 at CES (why would this be necessary if they had a review sample?), and then sometimes in the text it refers to the "c650" not the '750'. Also in the table it shows Sharpness at '0', then in the text immediately below says Sharpness should be between 10 & 20 ...

Just ordered the LE40C750 last night from Pixmania.
Read all the comments here and other reviews and have decided this TV is probably best for me.
Hopefully will have it at the weekend or early next week.
This is my first HDTV and I am not picky about the fine details so will hopefully enjoy this TV so long as it has no major defects.

Will post my thoughts on it when it has arrived!

Not sure what I think of that review.

I think they may have copied it from their C650 review, as it makes a mention of watching the C750 at CES (why would this be necessary if they had a review sample?), and then sometimes in the text it refers to the "c650" not the '750'. Also in the table it shows Sharpness at '0', then in the text immediately below says Sharpness should be between 10 & 20 ...

I agree - also the model on review is LN46C750 not LE46C750!
I think thats maybe the american version - but the review does seem like it's stapled together from other reviews - they also contradict motion settings further on.

Also just bought from Pixmania tonight.

There is a 5% off promotion running on it until midnight tonight so its priced at £845.

You can also use voucher code PIXUKSALES14 for a further £14 off.

Cost £857 plus delivery in the end with standard 2 yr warranty.

Not a bad deal.

Just ordered the LE40C750 last night from Pixmania.
Read all the comments here and other reviews and have decided this TV is probably best for me.
Hopefully will have it at the weekend or early next week.
This is my first HDTV and I am not picky about the fine details so will hopefully enjoy this TV so long as it has no major defects.

Will post my thoughts on it when it has arrived!

Welcome Dances ... I too bought the tv due to this thread and am loving every minute of it!! Looking forward to your comments :smashin:

Hi everyone,

I am about to take the plunge and buy the 46c750. Dixons seem to be the best price but has anyone got any experience with them? i.e. what if the tv has clouding issues, etc. Are the easy to deal with to get a replacement? Alternatively, is there anyone else you recommend. John Lewis do not do the 46" :thumbsdow

Thank you in advance

Hi everyone,

I am about to take the plunge and buy the 46c750. Dixons seem to be the best price but has anyone got any experience with them? i.e. what if the tv has clouding issues, etc. Are the easy to deal with to get a replacement? Alternatively, is there anyone else you recommend. John Lewis do not do the 46" :thumbsdow

Thank you in advance

I bought it from here:

Samsung LE46C750 - 3D Televisions - Electrical Experience

£1171 for TV

3 Yr Warranty - £59
5 Yr Warranty - £79

And they do next day delivery (£15) if your impatient like me!

Can't comment on Dixons - but this place does have a 7 working day cooling off period.

Was very happy with service, ordered at 11.45AM Friday - arrived 10AM Saturday!!

But the site states to order before 11.30 for next day - I had an issue on checkout and had to call them and they said they'd still get it out for next day so was happy days!

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance

i had very bad experiances with dixons. They cancelled my order under the pretence of "failed security checks", but in actual fact they were out of stock, they then kept hold of money for 6 days. the call centre lied to me on numerous occosions regarding my money and why the order was cancelled. I would recomend anywhere but dixons

If you're worried about the warranty, Robert Whyte also include a 5 year warranty for £1239, so comaprible to Wildpredator's suggestion.

I haven't ordered yet myself though, so can't really comment on this company. I have however had some e-mail exchanges with "brian whyte" so I would guess this is a family business (in glasgow I think).

Last edited:
How long will we wait more for a full reliable review ? :S

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance

I bought several things from Dixons Online and their service was extremely good. You get 30 day full refund period on TV's. When I bought an LE40B650 it malfunctioned after 29 days and they gave me my money back straight away.

Last edited:
When I ordered my 40 inch yesterday at john lewis they said if anything goes wrong within the 5 year warranty an engineer will come out to my home.

One of my main reasons for sticking with john lewis is iv heard there customer service is excellent should anything go wrong like clouding or something. Never had any experience with them before but people talk highly of the 5 year tv warranty they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom