Samsung C750 46" problems

Xefan

Standard Member
Hi,

I bought a Samsung C750 earlier this year and have had a few problems since, ignoring the fact it has a few dead pixels I'm rather unimpressed by the amount of problems in general.

I've read here about the blink problem, and my TV seems to suffer that, but also I have other issues with it, for starters when my XBox 360 slim, plugged in using standard Microsoft HDMI cable is playing movies sometimes the TV outright crashes - it goes off, and on, but plays the little tune it plays when you turn it on / off, like the damn thing actually rebooted. It'll do it about once in every 1hr 30min movie.

Also when using the XBox, even at the dashboard it keeps flickering, like the screen tearing where horizontal sections of the screen flash off to the sides.

I was worried somewhat that it may be the XBox at fault, but reading about the blink problem here, and the fact the TV itself reboots gives me the impression it probably is the TV and not the XBox.

Is my TV well and truly screwed? Has anyone experienced these other issues?

It's still well within warranty, only 6 months old, I've seen a lot of people here talk about getting a replacement from Samsung but normally it's the company that sold you it that should do this (in our case, Currys), is there any reason people go to Samsung instead? How quick are Samsung at replacing it and how many hoops do you have to jump through to get them to do so?

I like the TV, the picture is fantastic, the price was good (£699 for a 200hz 46" 3D TV seemed quite a bargain at the time), and it works fine for normal TV. It's just these issues with the XBox that are annoying, however my girlfriend did tell me she experienced it blink on her when watching normal TV even the other day. We find the remote doesn't work without you tapping it first sometimes too (loose battery holder?) which is dissapointing.

logiciel

It should be fine - for service contact the supplier first of course - then Samsung direct if necessary.
Mine had a small fault recently and Samsung supplied and fixed a new main board completely free of charge.
I paid a lot more for the 750 than you did though, less than eighteen months ago.
The remote ought to not to give any problems either.

Last edited:

davidcharles

...my xbox works perfectly so i think it sounds like a dodgy tv..

you should deal with currys not samsung...just get them to replace it

cuke2u

Hi, yep get it replaced and don't listen to any other repair proposals, you have the right too a set that works perfectly, including dead pixels. Just list all of the faults and say you will only accept a replacement...
Chris

Xefan

Standard Member
The only problem I foresee taking it back to Currys is that they don't seem to stock it on their online store nor have I seen it in the shops since so I'm assuming it's discontinued?

If they offer a repair I think I have little choice, as even with a refund I'm not sure I can get anything better for the money right now, and Currys being the completely useless waste of space there are aren't likely to offer me anything better I imagine.

cuke2u

Hi, they can offer, and if you accept, an alternative with the same features and performance. My guess is that it would be far more expensive for Curry's to repair it. From the sound of it the only items not requiring a replacement is the tv's case therefore hold out for the best deal you can get and if you get an offer ask in here before deciding.
Chris

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom