Samsung C530 Owners Thread *Part 3*

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is a continuation of the part 2 thread that is found here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1384605-samsung-c530-owners-thread-part-2-a.html

For Reference Last Post
Gage said:
This has been covered before earlier in the thread, basically different people are getting different results. Some are reporting only getting the same default image as you, personally I get the movie first frame.

For me the file list shows the first frame of the movie in the file which automatically starts playing [thumbnail] when i move onto it, pressing play will then show it full screen, or i can move onto the next thumbnail as usual.

Noone has so far came up with a reason why it's working for some people and not others, sorry there's no solution so far..

@Gavster2k

I don't experience any motion blur at all on mine, I followed nielo's instructions when I bought the set and had zero issues with mine!

What file types are you using?

i'm currently using 720/1080p mkv files and the odd avi files.

I brought this TV at the weekend and after looking at some of other peoples settings on here, I have got a good picture on the TV, but only when what ever is on at the time is outside or daylight...the night time or darker scenes are awful and I can not seem to get a good balance.

Does any one else have this problem? Or is it just down to freeview not being a very good picture in general?

Hi,

We have the LE40C530 - about 6 months now..excellent so far but past couple of days the remote control has gone a bit wierd

When we try and use volume or source buttons...all we get is screen interference ..

I have changed batteries. Still same problem.

Clears once we turn off tv and back on....but them comes back after 30 mins or so.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Anybody have a link to a older firmware? T-MSX5DEUC-2005.4 perhaps. Missing a few channels and need a older firmware to see if it's because of the update to 2011.0 or something else.

I have a LE32C535

Anybody have a link to a older firmware? T-MSX5DEUC-2005.4 perhaps. Missing a few channels and need a older firmware to see if it's because of the update to 2011.0 or something else.

I have a LE32C535

You cannot downgrade to lower versions firmware Samsung disable that option.

Also if you miss some channels scan again and check if you find the channels whene you manual scan the frequention.

Viewing angle on 32C530
Mine is terrible and I mean unwatchable over 45".
The screen significantly darkens at just 30". I use settings of Movie default. I also have a 37B530 and it is significantly better and I've tested with it in the same spot and me in the same viewing position. The 530 is dull and ever darker the moment you get to 25" and gradually unviewable up to and beyond 45".
Could this be a fault or is it just the way it is with these sets?

I'd like to replace it (sale) if this is just the way it is or get a replacement from the seller if its a fault of course.

Thanks.

PS. The B530 is almost no change in brightness right up to 180". Much much better.

You cannot downgrade to lower versions firmware Samsung disable that option.

Also if you miss some channels scan again and check if you find the channels whene you manual scan the frequention.

Thanks, seems like it was just a weird coincidence. Something broke at the cable providers end same time I upgraded the firmware. All channels found now.

Viewing angle on 32C530
Mine is terrible and I mean unwatchable over 45".
The screen significantly darkens at just 30". I use settings of Movie default. I also have a 37B530 and it is significantly better and I've tested with it in the same spot and me in the same viewing position. The 530 is dull and ever darker the moment you get to 25" and gradually unviewable up to and beyond 45".
Could this be a fault or is it just the way it is with these sets?

I'd like to replace it (sale) if this is just the way it is or get a replacement from the seller if its a fault of course.

Thanks.

I don't have any viewing angle issues on my c535 (c530) image stays pretty much the same even up to 170-180° only a VERY slight dulling after 45° not even noticeable if you aren't specifically looking for it.

Last edited:
hmm. perhaps I did get a duff one. Now selling with full open statement about it. Great at 0-30" then gets dimmer 30-60 and not really usuable after 60/120 (depending on where you measure from).

I brought this TV at the weekend and after looking at some of other peoples settings on here, I have got a good picture on the TV, but only when what ever is on at the time is outside or daylight...the night time or darker scenes are awful and I can not seem to get a good balance.

Does any one else have this problem? Or is it just down to freeview not being a very good picture in general?
I noticed same thing with my 32c530. Only had it for about a week. It seemed much brighter in its early days and had to turn backlight, brightness down quite a bit. But now all of a sudden the opposite seems to be occurring. Am having to turn backlight to max (20), brightness to 60, gamma +1, shadow detail +2 just to avoid the excessive darkness on some channels. I'm wondering if something is wrong with it now.

hey everyone can you tell me the best panel i can get with this tv for gaming and do you have any idea which shops sell that panel. thanks

Hello everyone. I've got one question, does the spdif-optical out on this tv outputs all audio over it? I've xbox360/ps3 connected to tv via hdmi, will I get the sound from TV(and tv's media player) to my receiver?

Xbox/PS3->TV/tv's media player->optical->receiver.
Cheers

Hello everyone. I've got one question, does the spdif-optical out on this tv outputs all audio over it? I've xbox360/ps3 connected to tv via hdmi, will I get the sound from TV(and tv's media player) to my receiver?

Xbox/PS3->TV/tv's media player->optical->receiver.
Cheers

Only the internal media player and dtv with internal tuner give's dolbydigital trough optical out on samsung tv, otherwise just pcm.

Guys, has anyone updated to 2011.0 firmware? Does it improve anything? Ghosting and stuttering hopefully? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Guys, has anyone updated to 2011.0 firmware? Does it improve anything? Ghosting and stuttering hopefully? :rolleyes:
I did, tho haven't notice any difference from the previous fw tbh m8. There was no ghosting on my set (or I can't notice it) stuttering when scene is panning is a bit noticeable.

Hi,
I bought a Samsung LE37c530 AUO panel about 2 weeks ago

I set it Nielo's parameters , i tried all the possible options/connections
(ie ext decoder thru scart, PS3 HDMI, etc) and I'm quite satisfied

Though I found a small issue last night watching the movie
'Fracture' casting Anthony Hopkins broadcasted on a normal SD channel
DVBT (auto wide)

There was one particular scene where Anthony Hopkins was standing mid
in the dark and mid the light.
Half of his face was in light and has in the dark; the scene was shot
in the inside at home

For a slight moment it was just like his face was divided a processed
into 2 parts just like a sort of gum-mask

Could it be a 'ghosting' effect ? Should I be worried?

It did it for about 3 times for 2-3 seconds.

Eventually it happened again in a later scene on the 'Inspector's
young man (Ryan Gosling) face: the light was dim but constant with no
constrast dark/light as previous example the scene was shot inside in a corridor ; for a slight moment his nose seemed to be divided in 2 sides (right and left)

This is the first time I see this particular effect, I already watched
formula 1 (HD and SD), superbike sd-HD, movies both in SD and HD,
Blue ray discs, PS3

should i be worried ??

thx.

K, so I just upgraded to 2011.0 and the only improvement I see is the readability of the fonts (they seem slightly sharper now on DVI). Ghosting and stuttering are still there (in HD movies and series mostly as I am using this model as a PC monitor). I don't really understand why some movies ghost more than others. I am lead to believe it's not really the display's fault now. Are some TV series shot in 30+ fps? Can the encoding process add ghosting? For example mkv files are kind of ghosting, but HD clips on youtube have considerably reduced ghosting. It's pretty weird since I only see ghosting in filmed stuff and not in games.

Last edited:
If you are using your PC to play the files on the TV then maybe your graphics card isn't up to the task of playing HD content. Other than that I can't think of anything.

I have a Radeon HD 4870X2 and my PC can run 4 HD movies simultaneously. I don't think that's the issue. In mkv files I can sense a bit of digital noise and I think that's what's causing ghosting problems. Unfortunately, the noise filter in the TV settings does not eliminate mkv noise. My second guess is the TV series I'm watching are recorded via HD TV transmissions and converted to MKV files and maybe the TV broadcaster's signal adds noise and ghosting. But then again, I see ghosting in some BluRay movies as well. This really bugs me and if I can't solve it quick, I'll try to change the model.

Last edited:
If that's the case then fair enough. Maybe it is the encoding process. UK tv uses 50fps so converting down to 30fps might be an issue from the other side that you can't control. BluRay however I can't explain.
I haven't experienced any ghosting issues with my set at all.
Sorry I can't be more help.

Hi,
I'm French so sorry for my poor english…

My question is about the Film mode. Is it active only when 1080i 24p is detected as said in notice: “Film Mode (Off / Auto1 / Auto2): Sets the TV to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture for optimum quality.
✎✎ Available in TV, AV, COMPONENT (480i / 1080i) and HDMI (480i / 1080i)"?

If i'm right, this mode is the equivalent to “the Motion Plus” of the 100Hz models, to increase the fluidity of the movie?

It means that on blu-ray 1080p 24p there is no treatment of the 24p and thus appearances of jerks?

I say that because i've the 40C530 and with BR there are jerks (my BR is an Panasonic DMP-BDT110, 24p compatible and 24p mode activated on HDMI)…

So, there is no way to eliminate these jerks on 1080p blu-ray?

Am I the only one to have problems of jerks?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I watch 24p content from my HTPC, HD DVD player etc, I don't have any judder.

Thanks for the link.
If i understand, the Film mode is only actif for DVD (with famous 3:2 pulldown of the mpeg-2) or when 24p flag is not detceted.
That's the reason why the function is greyed out when i watch BR (with the 24p flag); because TV must by-passed the Film mode traitment.

Ok. So the fact that the film mode is Greyed off isn't the reason of my problem of judder...

Another question: for BR, what settings for color space HDMI and TV's HDMI Black Level are best?

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom