Samsung Bluray / Onkyo 616 / only 2ch PCM!

sonicsnail

Standard Member
Reaction score
Disaster!

I have a (admittedly rather crappy) Samsung Bde5500 Bluray player, and an Onkyo 616 amp.

Bluray player is set to output Bitstream (unprocessed).

I bought Batman The Dark Knight Rises. Put it on. Something didn't seem right - checked - and yes, when I press "Display" it tells me that the Amp is receiving 2 Channel PCM from the bluray and converting it to Neo:6 5.1.

There are 8 audo tracks on the bluray that I can switch through. DTS TrueHD (which I'm set to), spanish, italian, etc etc, - and another English Multichannel one. This other multichannel one gives me a glories DD 5.1 input to the amp - but it has an audio description over it!

I've checked everything I can between the BD player and amp settings, and nothing I do gets me 5.1 into the amp from the DTS TrueHD track.

Can anyone advise?! Please Help!

cheers,

Pete

Is the player set to bitstream m8 if not make sure it is,,then the player is outputing a stream for the amp to do the decoding... ?? that would be my 1st port of call .....

hmmm.. it's doing the same with Cars 2 bluray. It used to work fine.

HTPC and Sky both supplying 5.1 to the Amp. (not DTS TrueHD I assume though..)

I just read this post which suggested that HDMI cables could be the problem. http://www.avforums.com/forums/15697271-post9.html

First, some background; my Bluray player goes HDMI -> HDMI Splitter, then from Splitter -> Onkyo AND HD Anywhere HDMI Matrix (and from there to the kitchen and master bedroom).

I took a new HDMI cable and plugged it into the Bluray player, and a fresh input on the Amp (Game), and it immediately DTS HD Master lit up on the screen.

Presumably the splitter / matrix / telly / telly have been handshaking and asking the bluray to send 2 channels?!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom