Samsung Blu-ray Player problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by king krish, Aug 31, 2012.

1. king krish

king krish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I recently purchased a Samsung ES7000 which came with this blu ray player (BDE5500) for free. I have been trying to play .MKV files etc with it using my 1tb 2.5" WD passport essentials usb 3.0 external drive. When I play large files from this. It begins to pause every few seconds for about 1 second. If I use the drive directly in the TV it works completely fine but I then can't benefit from the use of my AV receiver.

Can someone please tell me wether my player is faulty (seems strange the 2012 model struggles yet my cheap 2010 model plays it fine) or just not good enough for the job. If I do need tor eplace ti with something better, I am happy to continue using that as the blu ray player and another item to connect my external drives to my av receiver. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading. :)