1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung: Better picture from integrated freeview tuner?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by House Song, Oct 26, 2005.

1. House Song

House Song

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone for comments on 26" LCDs, I reckon the Samsung's the one for me.

So, I'm about to buy a LE26R41B and the guy in the store (who only stocked the BDX version with integrated freeview) said that I'd be better off getting his BDX even though I already have a freeview box.

His justification being that the picture via the integrated tuner would be better as there's 'degradation of the signal' from any external tuner.

Although i'm cynical, i don't know any better, so is there any sense in this argument?

cheers for that.

Off to get John Lewis to price match to Crampton & Moore - thanks for all LE26R41 messagers; all great research.

2. shrek101

shrek101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I havent got the tv yet I was undecided which to go for 26" or 32",probably wont get it now as the new more expensive one is on the horizon and cant afford that one. However, I would of thought it woudl be better with the intregrated one although I still prefer an external one for more features like the Humax boxes. I have the PVR 92000t on order.

3. Evil_Homer

Evil_Homer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my 32" set on Monday which has built in Freeview, it is noticeably better than my sky box. ie) BBC1 from intergrated Digital is better than BBC1 from SKY.

For the extra £50 quid its worth it, but I did not have a digi box.