Samsung BDP 1500 Problems

graham1710

Standard Member
Hey all,

Just looking for a little advice.

Recently (within the last 2 months or so), I've been having some problems with my otherwise great, Samsung BDP 1500 blu-ray player.

I first noticed it on the slumdog millionaire blu-ray. The movie played fine, but when I went to play some of the special features, the blu-ray would stop, then when I resumed, it was right back at the start. So I could never play it.

Then I noticed the player when it was loading a blu-ray would occasionally stop, but you simply pressed play again each time it did it.

I then went to watch pirates of the carribean the other day and it kept going to stop several times. Each time I pressed play again, it went back to the start. I eventually managed to get to the menu to play the movie, but as soon as I pressed the button to play it, the same thing happened again and I had to start way back at the start where you select english when you put it in. No matter how many times I tried, I couldn't get it to play. I tried the second pirates and it worked no problem.

Now this doesn't happen with all movies, I can generally play most. However the stopping thing is regular upon loading.

I got my brother to try them in his blu-ray players (he has the 1500 as well as a PS3). Both of them worked no problem, so I know it's not the blu-rays.

I updated the firmware to the latest version and unfortunately, it didn't help.

I do still have another 6 months or so with an extended warranty, so I can claim on that no problem. But I just wondered if anyone has experienced this, or if they have any suggestions on how to fix it myself rather than using the warranty?

Also, as a temp fix, is there any way to skip the menus and just play the movie so that I can hopefully try and skip over this problem?

Many thanks,

Graham.

meltonboy

Unfortunately a lot of blu ray titles do not support resume play. I have only recently found a couple that do. This is a bit annoying as you dont know if the title does support it until you press stop and see. That is not a player issue as i understand it and for me is a backward step compared with dvd.

As for your player suddenly stopping, this (in my view) is a fault of the player and i would send it back. I had a samsung 2500 and it has now retired due to it freezing.

In terms of skipping menus, i don't think that this is possible, but would be happy to read posts from anyone that does. Some Warner Bros titles go straight into the film (Dark Knight and V for Vendetta spring to mind). This is something that they promoted in the early days as an good thing.

Good luck.

MB

graham1710

Standard Member
Hi,

Thanks for that.

I'll speak to the warranty people and see about getting it fixed.

May also give samsung tech support a call and see if they have any suggestions.

Cheers,

Graham.

meltonboy

I think that they'll just say "send it back". Samsung use an outsourced company for UK tech support. Mine went away for 4 or 5 weeks, whichwas a pain, but i did get a couple of calls from them to give me a progress report and 1 week of the process was a delay due to a part out of stock.

MB

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom