• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung BD-P4600 Firmware Problem

Concho

Standard Member
I have had this blu ray player for just over a year, but last time I did a firmware upgrade it did not work after. The player simply says "No Disc" and the TV screen is blank. If I put a BD in it says "Load" and the timer runs to 10 seconds, then resets to zero and keeps doing this in a loop.

I am the only owner from new so I know it's not dodgy in any way, just a botched update.

I've downloaded the latest firmware just now from the Samsung site and it's now on USB but can't get anything to happen on the player.

Any ideas on what I can do to rescue it? Samsung support aren't there until Monday so can't phone them up now.

Member 513627

Established Member
Apart from googling around to look on how to update the firmware there's not a lot you can do till they're open.

Have you managed to get it sorted now?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom