• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung BD-P1600 5.1 problems

ncrules23

Standard Member
ok i searched the forum a little bit but didn't find anything to help me...i have a samsung bd-p1600 hooked up to my receiver through an optical cable, my receiver supports dolby digital and that's the best it can do...so all i'm getting is dolby pro logic from my blu ray even though i have it hooked up to optical, i don't know if i have to mess with the setting in the blu ray player or what...my audio setting are:
DIGITAL OUTPUT - PCM, Bitstream(Re-encode), Bitstream(Audiophile)
PCM DOWNSAMPLING - On, Off....
DYNAMIC COMPRESSION - On, Off....
DOWNMIXING MODE - Normal Stereo, Surround Compatible
those r all the options it gives me, what should i have them set at? i hope u guys can understand my diagram thingy...i got 5.1 from my old DVD player just fine and currently from my 360 too, but it just won't work on the blu ray....thanks for the help

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Set the Digital Output to Re-encode

Turn downsampling and dynamic compression off.

I'm not sure what downmixing means - check the manual on that one... though given the output you're getting it sounds as though that could be the key here....

Using reencode over optical you should get rather lovely 1.5MBps DTS which is excellent!

ncrules23

Standard Member
thanks scott mac for the suggestion...i tried what u said and i got no sound at all except for the power on and off chime from the player, so i tried bitstream audiophile, no downsampling, no compression, and the downmixing to surround compatible, and magically it worked for my michael clayton blu ray...hopefully it works for other discs, or my last option would probably be a DTS capable receiver...thanks again scott mac

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom