Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-ray Player, good starter ?

captain.kirk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all...

:hiya:

New member, and just looking for some feedback.

I have always liked the "look" of the Samsung AV products, and sticking with this....would the Samsung BD-P1500 be a good player to get me started in the world of Bluray, or am I compromising quality ?

Hi all...

I have always liked the "look" of the Samsung AV products, and sticking with this....would the Samsung BD-P1500 be a good player to get me started in the world of Bluray, or am I compromising quality ?

Hi. :)
No loss of quality regarding Blu-ray PQ :smashin: there's a new model just out as well.....1600.
All the best.

Hi all...

It's a very good unit, though it has been replaced by a slightly improved model, as KF says, the 1600... it's still very cheap relatively speaking and i know many people with them and they're all impressed!

Samsung BD-P1600 Blu-ray Disc Player - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
As above,really.Never had a problem with my last one.They are just a little noisy when loading and don't expect DVD Startup/Loading times.There are worse,however.

For the price,the Blu-ray pictures are really very good as is the sound either by HDMI to an amp or using an optical cable to the same.

S/D DVD playback I would call Acceptable.

All round,for the price a very good performer.I only sold mine because of the (Long)awaited B/2 OPPO.

Good Luck,

KH

Hi..

Thanks for the feedback. I will have a look at this advised model, before parting with any cash.

:thumbsup:

Hey captain.kirk, I'm a new member as well and I've been reading the site as research for my first BD player as well.

Thought you might want to know about the sale amazon.com (at least in the US) is having on the 1600. If you get a samsung player (can also get this on the 3600) and 4 of a selection of bluray discs, you get $125 off the bundle. It works out to a great deal and they have a pretty decent selection of movies to choose from for the 4 you have to buy.

I'm planning to get one. The deal ends May 30th so check it out soon =)

Here's a link to the offer: Amazon.com Movies & TV: Buy a Samsung Blu-ray Player and 4 Warner Blu-ray Discs, Save $125

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Even more of a bargain,was in Costco today in Haydock,they have this player for £91 including VAT :smashin:

They had 10 units in last night at Haydock CostCo.
They've now got 8!
Bought one for myself and one for mater.
Will look good next to the Toshiba HD DVD player.
Will have to start picking up these blu thingies.
Very impressed out of the box playing DIVX's, Kid's ripped DVD's on various media. (Have to protect the originals from little fingers and get rid of those annoying Ads, Warnings, Menu's etc!)
At £91.96 it's a no brainer. Next cheapest for the 1500 I found was Richer Sounds for £119.99

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom