Samsung BD-P1400 Remote Control Not Working?

wrkactjob

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone else found the remote just seems to pack up on the Samsung BD-P1400 DVD player?.....

Is there a fix for this?

Anyone else found the remote just seems to pack up on the Samsung BD-P1400 DVD player?.....

Is there a fix for this?

Not heard of it on a BD P1400 but several of the BD P1500 owners have had problems & I think it's the same remote. However I think the fault can be within the player rather than the remote but to be sure try removing the batteries pressing & holding several buttons with the batteries out then replace with a fresh set & see if it works.

Ah just found this comment on Amazon regarding this:

"While I'd agree with all the other reviewers - this is an excellent introduction to blu-ray, surely I can't be the only person having problems with the remote control? The dead giveaway that its a fault known by Samsung, is that its listed as the first item in the troubleshooting section - "No operations can be performed with the remote control". Basically, from time to time the machine just doesn't respond to the remote control. It appears to be an issue with the remote itself (and its not battery-related). The instructions in the manual work, but I've now had to reset my remote 4 times in less than a week of ownership. This involved pulling the batteries out of the remote and then holding any button down for several minutes to reset the microprocessor. If you're planning to watch a movie, you have to factor in the remote reset before you start (since the player itself doesn't have sufficient buttons to select from on-screen menus to start a movie playing - I had 10 minutes of Spiderman 1's intro sequence the other day swapping batteries in and out before I could get the remote to work to start the movie). The remote does transmit something, its just not something the player responds to until the remote gets reset.
Samsung, if you're listening - any chance you could spend more than 5 minutes designing a remote that works all of the time?"

Seems I am not the only one...

The strange thing is lots of them have been sold and yet you don't hear of many problems? mine is 10 months old & has never faultered in any way (fortunately). Hope you get it sorted ok, just might be worth contacting Samsung to see if they can offer a solution.

I found this thread via google and just signed up to say thanks, you are not the only one with the problem.

Twice I have had to reset the remote now and I have only had the player since Christmas. It seems to have something to do with attempting to set the player to control the TV(Panasonic).

My Samsung BDP1500 Blu ray player,s handset only seems to switch on the power and open the trat ,,,after a long time though and never starts the disc but the Samsung TV,S handset does play
and pause ec; unfortunately I have got rid of the TV along with the handset so can,not play discs
it only opens the tray but I will try the tip above and try resetting the handset

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom