Samsung BD-P1400 acting up..!

BG25

Standard Member
Hi, just after some advice.
I have just tried to watch Inglourious Basterds on my BD-P1400 and it didn't seem to like it.
When I loaded the disc it produced the title menu as expected, but when I pressed play on the machine (not batteries in remote) the screen went blank and the words 'menu' stayed on the display.
I then pressed stop and open and nothing, in the end I had to press the power button just to get out. I tried again, no luck but this time not even a title menu.
I thought it check my firmware to see what my last update was, I think it was around 6 months ago maybe longer. I managed to open the tray and take the disc out. I turned the player on to check the menu but it just sat in a 'loading' state. No response from my remote. I have turned off by the plug.:mad:
Ask you can probably guess I had this player a good 18 months now but never had any problems like this. I have experienced some trouble when watching jumping and freezing on another disc, Pinnocchio.

I'm just wondering if it's the movie causing problems, I don't have the latest firmware or my player has decided to call it a day?

i got this from a local Richer Sounds and have a 5yr warrenty so I should be able to take it back?
Any help or advice would be gratful...:lease:

BG25

Standard Member
Hi, just after some advice.
I have just tried to watch Inglourious Basterds on my BD-P1400 and it didn't seem to like it.
When I loaded the disc it produced the title menu as expected, but when I pressed play on the machine (not batteries in remote) the screen went blank and the words 'menu' stayed on the display.
I then pressed stop and open and nothing, in the end I had to press the power button just to get out. I tried again, no luck but this time not even a title menu.
I thought it check my firmware to see what my last update was, I think it was around 6 months ago maybe longer. I managed to open the tray and take the disc out. I turned the player on to check the menu but it just sat in a 'loading' state. No response from my remote. I have turned off by the plug.:mad:
Ask you can probably guess I had this player a good 18 months now but never had any problems like this. I have experienced some trouble when watching jumping and freezing on another disc, Pinnocchio.

I'm just wondering if it's the movie causing problems, I don't have the latest firmware or my player has decided to call it a day?

i got this from a local Richer Sounds and have a 5yr warrenty so I should be able to take it back?
Any help or advice would be gratful...:lease:

FYI - I have just noticed that my player had defaulted back to 1080p, I have changed this now but it still won't play IB. My last update was named 081219, is this the latest one?

Bossk128

I have the Samsung 1400 too, and so I wonder purely if you've left it long enough? It is a sloooooooowwwwwwwwww machine as I'm sure you're aware.

I haven't tried IB by the way, just wondering if it's a sluggish disc.

BG25

Standard Member
I have the Samsung 1400 too, and so I wonder purely if you've left it long enough? It is a sloooooooowwwwwwwwww machine as I'm sure you're aware.

I haven't tried IB by the way, just wondering if it's a sluggish disc.

Hi, yeah I left it for quite a while but nothing, strange as I played a recent movie 'I love you, man' without any problems. It seemed to jumped between 1080p and 1080i when the disk was loading which the tv cannot handle as it is only 1080i. :lesson: Do you have the latest firmware update? mine was Dec 08, so I think i'll try the new one from Sept 09 and see if it works. I have read on other forums that ppl have had trouble playing IB on there machines so maybe an update will help.

BG25

Standard Member
Hi, yeah I left it for quite a while but nothing, strange as I played a recent movie 'I love you, man' without any problems. It seemed to jumped between 1080p and 1080i when the disk was loading which the tv cannot handle as it is only 1080i. :lesson: Do you have the latest firmware update? mine was Dec 08, so I think i'll try the new one from Sept 09 and see if it works. I have read on other forums that ppl have had trouble playing IB on there machines so maybe an update will help.

Have loaded the latest firmware. The player still seems like it had problems, keeps flicking between 1080p and 1080i plus slow to react to any buttons. I will try IB soon and report back. It may be the end for my player. If Richer sounds have no others in stock will they send back to Samsung for fixing? Anyone know how they 5 yr warrenty works?

BG25

Standard Member
Right, I've had it.
I put IB in the player and it kept flicking between 1080p and 1080i. Menu came up and I pressed play. Got further this time and the FBI warnings came up and a blue parental rated screen...then nothing...waited a while just stuck frozen. Took disc out and played I love you, man.
Stayed on 1080i and worked fine.
I think I may need a 1080p to play IB?
Anyone else noticed or had this problem?
Disc definitely works as I borrowed from a mate and he has watched it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom