• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung BD-P1000 firmware upgrade ?

paulefox

Established Member
I have just got one of these from Currys , it is great especially the LPCM sound.
Is it likely that there will be a future firmware upgrade to give us the new new surround formats on this player

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Nope, what you see is what you get but you have is a lovely player that you will enjoy. Just don't expect the codec upgrades that HD DVD delivered.

Damian1978

Prominent Member
It may be worth checking the firmware upgrade from Samsung UK's website as I bought mine recently but it still took the update from February.

P.S. It's not to make it handle any new formats....just an update

paulefox

Established Member
I have done that upgrade, just wondered if in a future upgrade they may add Dolby Digital + and the other new surround formats that appear on HD DVD

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
But the 1000 will not be able to transmit any of these 'new' codecs to external amps for decoding. DD and DTS core only which is what it does now. A new player with HDMI 1.3 is needed to transmit to external decoders which still aren't available anyway. What we have now is what we will have in 1 years time....

New Bloke

Established Member
With the player at now £349.00 at John Lewis, I am going to make the purchase.

1. What version of firmware do they normally come with?

2. What firmware version is available and where can we get it?

Many thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom