Samsung BD-P1000 - £349 at Dixons this Easter!

dgm73

Standard Member
Reaction score
Yup just £349 for the Samsung BD-P1000 this Easter. Not a bad price to get into Blu-Ray.

Just thought I'd spread the word.

Got mine this morning from Currys in Cambridge , they have got one left.
You can do the click and reserve thing.
Went into Currys in Bury St Edmunds yesterday they said it was an internet only deal but also available via click and reserve but not if you just walk into the store.

Well worth it at that price. Only downer is that I paid £500 about 7 or 8 weeks agao :)

Blimey that's a great price. Only got mine for £378 new off eBay about 3 weeks ago and was amazed at that price.

Dixons in Swindon have them on the shelf marked down to £349.95 from £699.00. No need to click and reserve on the Dixon's web site first. I was very tempted :devil: ............ may succumb tomorrow if I can buy a decent blu ray movie on the high street:cool:

may succumb tomorrow if I can buy a decent blu ray movie on the high street:cool:

The BD-P1000 normally comes with S.W.A.T. and a Jazz BD anyway - so even if you can't find a decent BD movie on the high street, you would still have something to watch.

My Local Currys doing the Sammy and the Tosh for the same low price.Surely a sign they are not selling in big numbers.Also for a bit more you could have the Playstation3.

This is great news, they might actually sell a few now.

Had I not bought a PS3 I'd be considering this, it's a good price.

But let's not kid ourselves as to why it's this price.

Still, for early adopters willing to pay £1,000 for a new player, this is almost 'bedroom cheapie' price.

Steve W

Realisitically this is the price it should always have been. My Marantz was around £1200 when I got it but you can tell by the features, build and overall quality. Whereas the BD-P1000 is a great BD player its no flagship machine. Ah well, they should shift a few now. If I had another 6 channel input on my amp and spare HDMI input I'd be tempted by a cheap Tosh HD DVD. Got the 360 Drive I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom