Samsung BD P-1000 now at Argos

dino2021

WTF? RS are selling em for 700 ish, I think Argos have lost the plot, certainly not going to do BR any favors, wonder why RS are selling it so cheap, Euro imports?

I think the important part is that new members of the public will become more aware of Blue-Ray if there are players in Argos.

blobbyrob

It has a fully 5.1 analogue and digital output capability.
Now that's got me totally confused. :(

BD-Rom (movie), BD-RE, BD-R, DVD-Rom, DVD-Ram, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, audio CD, CD-R, CD-RW, JPEG, MP3, VC-1, MPEG2 and H.264 playback compatible.

Dolby digital sound system.

2 channel output.

Supports region 2 coding.

1 SCART socket.

Memory card slot.

Plays at 1080p resolution.

Remote control requires 2 x AAA batteries (supplied).

Size (H)7.9, (W)43, (D)32.5cm.

Weight 4.2kg.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Now that's got me totally confused. :(

Dolby digital sound system.

2 channel output.

1 SCART socket.
Is that from the Argos website? If so there specs are wrong. For one the UK Samsung does not have a SCART socket. Secondly it certainly does have analogue 5.1 outputs.

Never believe the specs quoted on such sites!

blobbyrob

Is that from the Argos website? If so there specs are wrong. For one the UK Samsung does not have a SCART socket. Secondly it certainly does have analogue 5.1 outputs.

Never believe the specs quoted on such sites!
Ok cheers for clearing that up guys. Now pasted from the more reliable Digital Direct

Sound & Power Output
Dolby™ Digital 5.1
DTS™ 5.1

Connections
1 x HDMI Connection/s
1 x S-Video Connection/s
1 x Component Video Connection/s
1 x Optical Terminal Connection/s
1 x Co-axial Digital Connection/s
1 x Audio Analog Phono Connection/s
1 x Composite Video Connection/s
2 x SD/Multimedia Card Slot/s
5.1 x External Speaker Connection/s

m1ket

I would think Argos would have a small stock level, so wnat the un-knowledgable Joe Bloggs to purchase it at the higher price.
I think anyone looking to buy a bluray player at this stage will not be a joe bloggs.. they will know to look elsewhere

Argos is definitely last place on earth I would buy Bly-Ray player from :rotfl:.

Avi

Distinguished Member

thelawns

Novice Member
Aaahh, well spotted... I retract my previous post then!!! :suicide:

Kilian

Novice Member
I wouldn't think of Argos as the place to buy expensive quality products, not the least a high def DVD player. :D

I only ever bought a cheap £10 phone long time ago (and that broke down).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Trending threads

Top Bottom