Samsung BD-H8900 Freeview HD PVR and 3D Blu-ray Player Review

Loopthrough

Nice design with good looking menus as usual from Samsung, but they've never made one of these devices that can do everything at once. Panasonic's version, although a bit more boring in the menus department, is still a better core machine.

Magic Man

Standard Member
"...but there are better PVRs out there..." - what would you recommend and why?

"Panasonic's version, although a bit more boring in the menus department, is still a better core machine." - which model, the 735?

Dubliner1

I went to check out another Samsung product at the store yesterday and saw this on display. It's a large, horrendous looking lump of ugly black plastic. Possibly the ugliest bluray player I have ever seen. Be prepared to hide this from sight if you buy it!

johncros

Novice Member
Can I offer a correction:-
"Where Samsung has got an advantage of almost all of the other manufacturers is their having rights to all the public broadcaster’s catch-up services so you can download apps for BBC iPlayer, 40D, ITV Player as well as Demand 5."

In fact the BD-H8900 astonishingly does not offer a BBC iPlayer app at present. I couldn't believe it myself but had this confirmed by Samsung support.

I sincerely hope that this situation is rectified on a firmware update very shortly.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom