Samsung BD-H5900 Hack?

nilechamp

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking for a multi region 0 hack for the Samsung BD-H5900? Hopefully one that covers Blu-ray as well as DVD

Sorry this is not possible

Obviously you are correct but this is not exactly a hack, but a full on modification at a price.

It cannot be done due to simple reason: Samsung BD Player should first support Pal, Secam and NTSC. When it supports only one video encoding standard there will be no use of multy-region capabilities.

It cannot be done due to simple reason: Samsung BD Player should first support Pal, Secam and NTSC. When it supports only one video encoding standard there will be no use of multy-region capabilities.

I think you are stuck with some outdated information. SECAM is not a DVD playback format. Although I am not 100% sure of the Samsung BD players, most BD players can read both PAL and NTSC. I am pretty sure that a regionfree NTSC DVD disc will play in the Samsung BD-H5900.

Any TV, DVD & Blu-ray player sold in the last 20 years in the UK can handle NTSC as well as PAL.
In the US, it's not as common.

I think you are stuck with some outdated information. SECAM is not a DVD playback format. Although I am not 100% sure of the Samsung BD players, most BD players can read both PAL and NTSC. I am pretty sure that a regionfree NTSC DVD disc will play in the Samsung BD-H5900.
Since i am in Canada i can judge only devices sold here. My player cannot play anything but Ntsc encoding. I have a lot of all region DVDs in Pal, none of them work. And the error message is not related to region but to the fact that it is pal.
If UK models support ntsc it should say so in the user manual.

This is a UK website, & I can vouch for UK players working with NTSC as well as PAL.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom