• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung BD-D8500M - DVD Playback Problems

MartynDav33

Standard Member
Hi all, wondering if anyone may be able to help. Just recently my Samsung BD-D8500M has started having trouble playing DVDs. When a DVD is inserted there is a mechanical grinding noise louder than usual as if it is struggling to read the disc. The "Loading" box comes up on the screen but nothing happens. I was confused at first as BDs and 3D BDs still play perfectly but would I be right in saying that they use a different laser altogether? This leads me to think that the issue may be with the laser. At first after a few attempts at ejecting then re-inserting the disc it would eventually play as normal with no problems however the mechanical sound seems to have gotten even more angry now and I cannot get them to play at all.

Thanks in advance, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom