Samsung BD-D6500 problem with Onkyo TX-NR609

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by reiska76, Jan 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. reiska76

reiska76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just bought Onkyo TX-NR609 and Samsung Blue-Ray BD-D6500. At first I installed newest firmwares to both devices. BD-D6500 is connected with HDI-cable to Onkyo and there is HDMI cable from Onkyo to my Samsung TV. I have other HDMI devices connected to Onkyo with HDMI and they are working perfectly.

I have two problems:
    1) When I start BD-D6500 (no disc inside so player starts to Blue-Ray menu) and from Onkyo I change HDMI-input 1 on the Onkyo starts finding HDMI signal. For most of the times the search ends to status “No signal” and there is no picture in my TV. When I start the Blue-Ray again and/or change Onkyo HDMI input back and forth I might eventually get the picture to my TV. Other HDMI devices do not any similar problems so why the problem is with BD-D6500? If I but DVD/Blue-Ray disc to BD-D6500 it seems that then Onkyo finds HDMI-signal every time (note: I have tested this only couple of times) so is this problem related to BD-D6500 menu somehow? If I connect BD-D6500 with HDMI-cable to my Samsung TV directly then there is no problem so the problem is communication problem with Onkyo and BD-D6500.

2) When I use BD-D6500 Samsung SmartHub application I have problems. If I choose one of the video applications (YouTube, MUZU.TV etc.) and choose to watch some videoclip the BD-D6500 starts to open the videoclip but just when the video was about to start the Onkyo lost the HDMI-signal. It does not come back so I do not have picture in my TV. When I stop the videoclip by pressing BD-D6500 back button I might get the picture back on. If I then but the same videoclip on again the picture stays on fine. But with other videoclips the problem comes again (not with every clips but most of those). This is very problematic because like this the SmartHub is unusable. When I did connect BD-D6500 directly to my Samsung TV and choose one of those SmartHub videoclips the picture did lost about 2-3 seconds but it came everytime back automatically.

I have tested different HDMI-cables (1-2 meters) and tested different video resolutions etc but nothing solves these problems.

Please help! This is very serious problem because I cannot actually use my BD-D6500 with Onkyo at all.

Thanks already.

2. CapeBretoner

CapeBretoner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same equipment except for the TV (Panasonic) and I had a similar problem (no signal at all). I connected by composite from the BD-D6500 to the Onkyo. Problem fixed, but I wanted HDMI. Checked the HDMI cable by connecting it from the 609 to the TV. No signal. Exchanged the HDMI cable for a new one (High speed 15.0 Gbps). Problem fixed. If you connect by composite and it works, it might be the cable. Doesn't sound like it's the BD-6500 since direct to TV works. Doesn't sound like it's the cable since you've tried a few with the same result. To determine if it's the HDMI input on the 609, try reassigning BD/DVD to HDM2 on the 609 abd connect the BD-6500 to that instead. I'm new at this Home Theatre stuff so I suspect you'll get better answers. I'm still sstruggling with the 609 volume. Can't hear much until I get to 20 but the volume goes up to 99; it's like 2 on a 10 scale so maybe I'm expecting too much at the lower end. Good Luck!

3. CapeBretoner

CapeBretoner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found another thread in this forum that might help. Lots of posts to "ONKYO TX-NR609 Owners Thread"

4. reiska76

reiska76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your answer.

I have allready tested diffent HDMI inputs and there is the same problem with all of those.

I tested with composite cables and there is still basically the same problem. Picture is lost for about 7-10 seconds and then it comes back on. So little bit better than with HDMI because everytime picture comes back (with HDMI cable the picture might get lost forever).

So I am not satisfied yet at all...