Samsung BD-C5300 playback issues

CJT-80

Hi there,

I am having issues with my Samsung BD player. It seems to freeze on playback of a number of my discs. I have cleaned the machine with a Blu-Ray cleaner, and checked the discs are all clean.

I do intend to give Samsung a call, but I know it's most likely out of warranty.. and it was purchased in Blockbuster who are obv now bust!

Additionally it makes a lot of noise when "tracking" the discs... so am I right in thinking it's something major? :(

I am really hoping it's going to be easy to sort, as I don't have the cash right now to get a new one... :(

Thanks in advance. :D

UPDATE: Having tried the BD with a friends player, (PS3) it does exactly the same thing..
Tried another BD in my player and NO issues.... So as far as I can tell it's these 2 specific discs...

I did give Samsung a call and they advised, after doing some basic support, to call their repair agent if it didn't resolve the issue.

I am however begining to think it's the discs... Anyone had any issues where one specific BD won't play at all or skips?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom