samsung bd-8900 blue ray hdd recorder - connect to sky box help

dawnyanne

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

I have just bought a Samsung bd-8900 bluray player with a hdd and freeview. I bought it so that I could record more films from my sky movies and put them on the hdd, but I am having trouble connecting the bluray up to the TV and the sky box. I can get the freeview from the recorder up on my tv and record from that but i want to reccord from sky. I am using hdmi from the bluray to tv and hdmi from sky to the TV.

Many thanks for any help!
Dawnyanne

hi

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

I have just bought a Samsung bd-8900 bluray player with a hdd and freeview. I bought it so that I could record more films from my sky movies and put them on the hdd, but I am having trouble connecting the bluray up to the TV and the sky box. I can get the freeview from the recorder up on my tv and record from that but i want to reccord from sky. I am using hdmi from the bluray to tv and hdmi from sky to the TV.

Many thanks for any help!
Dawnyanne

Welcome to the forum.

I am afraid you have purchased the wrong product.

This unit is not capable of recording from an external source such as a sky box.
It can only record from off-air sources.

If this is a vital function then you need a Panasonic BDR [ or DVDR] machine which are proper recorders which are capable of recording external sources.

Hi Gavtech

thank you so much for coming back to me you have saved me hours of trying to plug different cables into different slots! could you recommend one for me? I have a samsung TV at the moment.

many thanks again for your help - very much appreciated
Dawnyanne

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom