Samsung B650 Owner's Thread *Part 5*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren't going to believe this. I've had this issue for weeks, I've tried everything to resolve it, attempting to work out what's casuing it. Narrowing down which thing is causing the problem.

It appears placing the World Book and the TV on the same switch, a new switch I got today for testing, has resolved it. I have managed to play a movie for the last 45 minutes with no problems.

I guess it's the BT Homehub v2 then, given this PoS has crap internet connection reliability and rubbish wireless consistency, I shouldn't be surprised it offers poor throughput on it's network ports too.

Fingers crossed I've found the problem.

All WD external drives have a power management feature that spins down the disc after 10 minutes' inactivity. I have seen reports of this causing problems with USB drives connected to servers. It's possible that streaming isn't always seen as activity (no seeking if data isn't fragmented?), and that the time taken to spin the disc back up again exceeds any time-out on the TV. The feature can be disabled on some drives.

Alternatively, it could be the DLNA device discovery process that's failing. All devices (including the TV) need to advertise their presence frequently on the network. If these broadcast packets aren't getting through, the source won't appear in the TV list. Could the Home Hub have been blocking broadcast packets? Seems odd it would work at the start, though.

Hi,

I have a LE37B651 since few months ... YouTube was working fine ... but now since some weeks ... all the video state that the media is not supported ...

I did remove YouTube Wiglet and installed again from the Widget manager ... but it did not help

It is only me that I have this problem ?

Thanks

e_lm_70

ps: I have the FW 2005 if I well remember about it ... I would like to avoid to upgrade... else all the trick from samygo will not work ... at the moment I just installed the telnet access and the Web Browser ...

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the TV set enter standby when there's no signal in the input?

I have mine hooked up to a computer, which turns off display after a certain period of inactivity, but the TV will just go to the "no signal" screen and stay like that indefinitely AFAIK.

This is set in the Picture Options menu. There's a demo mode that demonstrates the difference.

This is working OK on my set, also on 2005 FW. You can restore factory settings in the Internet@TV System Settings menu.

Yes - tryed the demo mode and no different!

The original problem I had was motion judder but When I switched it to 50 hz all is ok!

is this tv magnetically shielded?

regarding AVCHD on B650 (any Bxxx)

if anyone has AVCHD videocamera like sony hdr-xr550v(cx550v) or panasonic tm700k which have mts streams originaly and would like to play them on tv from hdd or usb stick you can try renaming extension MTS to TS and tv will play.
BUT..because tv does not support simple AC3 in TS container just enhanced DD+(dolby digital plus) which i dont see reason why and is very very odd :facepalm: you will not hear sound.

new incoming C650 will support AC3 in TS container so you need to buy new TV.
also incoming C650 should have DTS pass through according to specifications on net for mkv.

hope info will be usefull for videocamera users :thumbsup:

i have 46b650 samy and bought a new camera sony xr550e i cant play them from media player on tv.if i rename no audio.i play it from my camcorder with hdmi output.but my digital reciever dont recieve it a 5.1 dolby only two channels.digtal reciever is connected tv via optic cable.do you have any solution?

Anyone know if theres a way to convert 16:9 anamorph video so it plays properly/fullscreen in MediaPlayer?
Obviously I don't want to have to reencode the video each time so wondering if theres a way to copy the video stream into a different container or something.

Media Player doesn't look at pixel aspect ratios, and only offers two picture options - "Original" and "Fit" - which both preserve the original picture aspect ratio. The best solution is the one produced by the SamyGO hacker community, which can either expand all videos to full screen (version 1) or provide a range of AR options (v2).
SourceForge.net: Video AR Fix - samygo
Those fixes require patches to firmware which must then be installed, but there is a separate "Game" utility which can be used to modify the firmware already in memory. The link below is a version 2 one for firmware 2005.0. After running once, the selected mode will stick through a power cycle - you need to run it again to select another picture option.
SamyGO • View topic - VideoAR Fix - Display Size
There may be another version for 2004.1. I don't think there's a fix for 3000.
Note there's also a version for CI+ TVs, which I don't think were sold in the UK - use the "nonCI" one for TVs labelled "LExx65xT2W".

Ive read this thread from start to finish, and the manual too. Could anyone please advise me on how to actually save my picture settings permanently? Whenever I switch on, it reverts back to factory settings, and it took me ages to crib the settings from the beginning of this thread, which incidentally are awesome!

Ive read this thread from start to finish, and the manual too. Could anyone please advise me on how to actually save my picture settings permanently? Whenever I switch on, it reverts back to factory settings, and it took me ages to crib the settings from the beginning of this thread, which incidentally are awesome!

sounds like you have it in Store Demo mode, from the manual

"f the unit is accidentally set to Store Demo mode and you want to return to Home Use (Standard): Press the volume
button on the TV. When the volume OSD is displayed, press and hold the MENU button on the TV for 5 seconds."

Ok, I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but this thread is now a tad long to read all the posts, and my search gave me nothing...

I tend to have music, video clips, etc stored on an external harddrive and plugged into the TV.
Now I know when I am watching TV there is an option for 'Picture Off' (or it might be 'Screen Off'), which I guess is useful for when watching music channels and you don't want the video.
However, when I play MP3s from my harddrive plugged into the TV I don't seem to be able to turn the picture off, which is just the 'fixed' player screen. Ironically it also seems like the 'screen saver' (where it dims the screen down after a period of inactivity) does not happen when on the player either.

Am I missing something? Is there any way I can play the mp3s via the media player on the TV, (using the USB input), and NOT have the picture showing in all it's boring bright blueness the whole time?
It's great being able to playback the MP3s, but not so great if I'm gonna get screen burn because of it :(

Media Player settings menu has a screen saver option, though the minimum is 2 hours.

i've got some mp4 HD movie trailers downloaded and i was wondering how to get the sound to work on them and still retain the hd - the popcorn program doesnt allow this

DOES THE tv PLAY mPv or mp4 the video format that you get from itunes?

Bumping after a day doesn't mean you'll get an answer sooner, it may mean you'll get ignored.

If nobody replies it means nobody has an answer, or can be bothered to answer you. The latter may be caused by failing to provide enough information in your question (such as failing to mention whether you're using DLNA, USB or a PC hooked up to the TV).

DOES THE tv PLAY mPv or mp4 the video format that you get from itunes?

The TV can play mp4 but cannot play any protected media so that would rule out videos bought from iTunes.

PB

whats the difference between say the B650 and the B652??

I've had a quick skim through this thread put couldn't find the answer.

cheers

whats the difference between say the B650 and the B652?

Cosmetics - as covered in Part 1 (the first page from memory).

arg damn, why do apple make it so hard. Ive bought my tv shows off itunes but cant play them on my big screen LAME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom