SAMSUNG B550 - Enabling MKV & DIVX/XVID playback - part 2

@ Tronometr : stop accusing people of things when you have no proof, if you can't post with any help for Utente then don't post at all.

@Curly99
Thanks!

For the topic: My TV is at local Samsung Service from yesterday! Hope that all will go fine... for me! :rolleyes:

@Curly99
Thanks!

For the topic: My TV is at local Samsung Service from yesterday! Hope that all will go fine... for me! :rolleyes:

yeah my *CUT* roommate bricked our TV as well. We have a laptop feeding the B550 with awesome HD quality movies but nooo, that *CUT* wants the TV to play the stuff. Thought it might be nice.

anyway, he's on vacation now and I'm left with a bricked B550 (red light flashes 10 seconds and that's it) :nono:

He said he only changed the model number to B650 and the according WiseLink options as described here. Modelnumber is LE32B550A5PXXN made in Slovakia, bought April 2010.

I suggest anyone with that modelnumber doesn't try to go rambo, just get a decent laptop with VLC on it and get a 15 euro HDMI cable.

By the way, is there ANY way to get rid of the 10x flashing light and doing nothing more problem? Is the blind-mode factory reset possible or does it really needs to go to those samsung guys?

:thumbsdow

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to this forum and thread so apologies if I'm not posting on the right thread, as this seems to be a B550 thread and I have a B530. My question is: is there a consensus about how to enable, via the service menu, the USB service connector to act as a regular USB device - for jpeg pictures? Previously it was sugeested that LB530 be changed to to LB550 and High Devi to 'on', by najamkhan way back in December 2009.

Thanks.

Hi guys! Remember me? I'm the guy who bricked his TV by messing around. It's not about the model number but about the firmware type you have. If your firmware version looks like this: T-CHL5CIPDEUC, don't do anything, otherwise you will have a bricked tv. If it looks like this though: T-CHL5DEUC you can change the model number from the sevice menu to LB650 and you can enable this way the USB Video support. Just read the post from the beginning and good luck!

Samsung has an new firmware . Link is :

Support for 550 32" Full HD LCD TV SAMSUNG

Is there anybody who has installed this new 2010.1 firmware? If yes could you please confirm if it can pe possible downgrade-rollback to 2008 firmware back?

Link to 2008 fimware :

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/200910/20091030222436890/T-CHL5DEUC.exe

Warning : Please be carefull with new updates from samsung. With 2009 firmware samsung has disabled to revert-rollback to 2008 firmware. With this new 2010.1 firmware they might have disabled movie playback or implement any other new ugly tricks inside the firmware.

If you have an external media player such as Western Digital Live or Popcornhour could someone test the new firmware. This people will be in safe anyhow as they dont use the internal media player of the tv.

Hi guys,
I was about to buy a media player annoyed at the fact that had i waited 2 more months before getting my LE32B550 i would have been able to get a similar samsung for the same price with video support :mad:.
I have checked the service menu for the wiselink options and high devi option, there are NO wiselink options.
T-CRLPEUC-124
T-CRLPEUWC-2003.2
T-CRLPEUWS-1000.0

Thank you!!:)

EDIT: aww man, i read this forum some more and realised im one of the unlucky ones who have to use a cable and stuff to hack their B550 -_- *sighs*.....anyone with CRLP not CHL5 cant use the firmware hack and anyone with neither is super lucky and has the options of wiselink out of the box.....DAMN U SAMSUNG

Last edited:
Samsung has removed 2010.1 firmware from B550 firmware download page. They have now 2009 firmware back in the download area.

Last edited:
Hi, I have been trying to read all these posts but I just keep getting lost.

I have a Standard Samsung LE32A558P3F (73503HFQ900679E)
With Firmware T-EMMA2DEUB-0106 (I Think)

I would like to try and enable to MKV/AVI playback on my TV, however in the service menu there is no option to enable the Wiselink Movie playback.

Do I need to upgrade firmware, downgrade firmware, install samyGO firmware, or simply, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hi, I have been trying to read all these posts but I just keep getting lost.

I have a Standard Samsung LE32A558P3F (73503HFQ900679E)
With Firmware T-EMMA2DEUB-0106 (I Think)

I would like to try and enable to MKV/AVI playback on my TV, however in the service menu there is no option to enable the Wiselink Movie playback.

Do I need to upgrade firmware, downgrade firmware, install samyGO firmware, or simply, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

The answer is quiet simple. You can't. Enabling wiselink movie option is only for the B series possible, B550 and above to be more specific. Your's is an A series. Sorry.

Hello everybody... I have played with my TV LE40B550, I enabled wiseling and set the model PB650 and now is my picture up side down. Can anybody tell me what to do, to flip it?

Thanks,
Primozz

Hello everybody... I have played with my TV LE40B550, I enabled wiseling and set the model PB650 and now is my picture up side down. Can anybody tell me what to do, to flip it?

Thanks,
Primozz

I managed it, I did factory resotre.

Now I have another question. This TV has PCMCIA card, is it possible to use it for stream from pc or mac?

Kind regards,
Primozz

Thanks,
Primozz

PB650 is plasma tv code and this is the reason why you have the picture upside down.:smashin:

Here's my firmware code. I manage to change it from B550 to B650. It played mkv files successfully. But one small problem, some audio codec are not supported. I guess it requires a newer update. I can't seems to find a much newer firmware files from Samsung official website.

Latest ones were 2000 which I read from the forum, it's not advisable to do so. Anyone manage to save a copy of my specific model newer firmwares?

Here's my firmware code. I manage to change it from B550 to B650. It played mkv files successfully. But one small problem, some audio codec are not supported. I guess it requires a newer update. I can't seems to find a much newer firmware files from Samsung official website.

Latest ones were 2000 which I read from the forum, it's not advisable to do so. Anyone manage to save a copy of my specific model newer firmwares?

There is no chance to get new audio codec support by installing a new firmware. Your mkv probably has DTS audio which is not supported by samsung B -2009 tv series.
By the way what you have mentioned is possible but samsung has not shown any intention on giving new codec capabilities to B series. 2010 samsung has C series and they support more formats than B series.

There is no chance to get new audio codec support by installing a new firmware. Your mkv probably has DTS audio which is not supported by samsung B -2009 tv series.
By the way what you have mentioned is possible but samsung has not shown any intention on giving new codec capabilities to B series. 2010 samsung has C series and they support more formats than B series.

Then I guess no choice :(

I can't update to C series firmware neither. :suicide:

Nahuel tengo la misma TV pudiste resolverlo? Me estoy volviendo loco!!

borga said:
Nahuel tengo la misma TV pudiste resolverlo? Me estoy volviendo loco!!

This is a UK based forum, please post in English only

translation of the above

"I have the same tv nahuel could you solve it? I'm going crazy!"

Helo, I have a model LE40B620. I have changed the model from b620 to b650, so I can watch movies from my usb. Every think is cool, despite a fact of browsing in the internet throught the TV. Is it possible to make my tv working on wireless adapter? Or is there other methods?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just got my TV back, because it was Bricked. Now I want to change my LE40B550 model into a B650 in the service menu. My firmware is: 2010/01/15_002008.

Can I safely change it, or do I need other firmware?

Thanks in advance

Hi!

I have LE46B555 and enabled video support (changed model to B650 and wiselink options). Videos are playing ok except they are always showing in 4:3 ratio. Picture size change don't affect on the screen. Any thoughts to correct this?
Firmware 2010/01/26_002009

Edit: Mkv working fine, problem with .ts files recorded with DVBViewer. Doesn't change even demuxing with ProjectX. Also WMV showing wrong aspect ratio.
Also noticed mkv with 2 audio tracks, it only plays main track, can't change. Also some subtitles doesn't work.

Thanks!

Kalle

Last edited:
Hi all,

I realize i'm jumping into an old thread but I'm thoroughly confused and maybe you can help me out. My tv's model number is PN50B550T2F. When I go into the service menu it lists my firmware as T-STL5PAUSFC-1021.1. I recently did a firmware upgrade from the Samsung website (the February 5th 2010 one). Am I missing something here? When I go into the service menu there's no option for WISELINK anywhere (I tried switching the model to PB650 and that didn't help). Any ideas??

Best,

Chris

Hi All,

I have LE40B550 with CRL (corel) chip.

I used to inquire last year if video play is possible.. But it was not..

I wonder, if any solution is found by now?

hi i have a samsung series b550. thanks to this forum my movie playback is working. the only thing that i noticed is that i don't have a problem using an external hard drive (with mains plug/power) though most of the time i need to play a small mkv file first to be able to play a movie file. my problem is i can't make it work using a usb stick even if i play the small mkv file that's playing on the external hard drive. my external har drive is almost full now and im looking of buying a new one but im thinking of buying just a bigger usb stick or a portable hard drive but i'm not sure if its going to play movie on tv via usb port. is there any solution on how i can possibly play a movie on usb stick or portable hard drive as i can only do it on a bulky external hard drive

thanks and regards

Hello to all,

First post here and a very nice forum it is unfortunitly i have a problem with LA46b550k1fxxy (model code) australia. I have accidently changed the (model type) and exited by accident and forgotten what it was, now after powering up again the menu seems to be abit garbled and will not find any digital or analog stations. It also has a few extra options cable and sat? that i have never seen before i tried factory reset etc with no luck its an sq2 panel see here for more info http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/601553-samsung-service-menu-research.html
Question is , is somthing now damaged

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom