SAMSUNG B550 - Enabling MKV & DIVX/XVID playback - part 2

Hi,

LE32B550A5WXXH
T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007

i changed the modell to lb650 and have the boot time increase up to 30sec.
i compared the changed values and reset the Network Support to "NoSupport"
a other option is the Tools Version (B550 = 11 | B650 =31) has anybody changed it back to the 11 from the B550 modell to check if the boot time decrease to the normal level ?

Hi,

LE32B550A5WXXH
T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007

i changed the modell to lb650 and have the boot time increase up to 30sec.
i compared the changed values and reset the Network Support to "NoSupport"
a other option is the Tools Version (B550 = 11 | B650 =31) has anybody changed it back to the 11 from the B550 modell to check if the boot time decrease to the normal level ?

Have you read any post above?

Mkv's and avi's work like a charm!

Can anybody link me or tell me what the best custom settings are for the B550?

Thanks.

Have you read any post above?

Yes Tronometr, i read all the post from the part 1 and part 2 topic.
The post http://www.avforums.com/forums/11138800-post707.html
said disable network support and your boot time decrease to normal.
But it does it not for me... and i think disable the wrong activated options to decrease the hardware recognition timeouts to a normal level will not broken the TV.

The other way is to activate the debug mode and change only the needed movie options with the orginal modell setting (550) via debug console cable.

I think you mean:

Anyway, if you will change anything else in service menu, your TV will be damaged. Be careful, while changing menu options...
Millions of people did it right, but still there are some, who can't do it even according to simple instruction

And this is the reason why i ask before change and broken TV.

thanks in advance...

Last edited:

You see, a lot of TVs have a lot of different firmwares. And successful changing some options in one can be dangerous in another, and only some of them can be changed among all without problems.

I have already wrote, that 20-30 sec booting with activated player is OK. As I know, that by activating player, you make your TV check the "player"(testing for troubles). Samsung states that 30 secs of booting for some TVs is OK.

If you TV is running OK and your TV boots for 30 sec and shows no problems I do not recommend to change smth else in your smenu.

You can try to turn of the energy saving (if it is "on"). Sometimes it affects the booting. Anyway when I'm turning TV on, I have 25 secs to bring popcorn and sit to my couch. And it doesn't bother me at all.

If you have activated player and it works perfectly,
If you have TV working perfectly with activated player... what else do you want? :thumbsup:
Enjoy movies... but it all can go away by changing smth else in smenu. Then you will lose more than if you would have bought an HD player. So it is for you to decide

Ithe third option - bye HDMI cable and connect TV to your computer it much more cheaper than new TV :)

Or you can connect USB- DVD drive BUT to make your TV to recognize it, you'll have to make some actions link (didn't try it yet, so can't say it for sure)

Last edited:
i have just buy an samsung LE32B554M2WXXH today

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2009.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007

firmware is 2010/01/26_002009

wiselink movie is off and gray in smenu

i have read all the posts above but i don`t know if it`s possible to enable the mkv option on this firmware. maybe i am wrong ...

Tronometr

First !

:clap: BIG BIG THANK YOU :clap:
for the technical clarification.
This is my first LCD TV Hack and i found not much informations about the system. I also know SamyGo, but can only find the 2009 firmware on net for my TV. And think, to save the running firmware is only possible with the debug console.

I read a possible to activate the grayed out settings via the debug console...
I think only if the model change is the best choice or if I invest more time and change only the grayed out settings.

I work as System Integrator and know the technics, :hiya: Linux ist my first choice and i hacked some INet Radios, Mobile Phones, Car Navigation and so on...

The energy saving hint is a cool thing and i will try it.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2009.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007

i have read all the posts above but i don`t know if it`s possible to enable the mkv option on this firmware. maybe i am wrong ...

This and all danger, regarding changing the model was already discussed here, read more carefully)CHANGING MODEL IN NEW FIRMWARES MAY KILL YOUR TV.

You may have a new February firmware which doesn't allow to enable player and to roll back to one, which allows to do it. Check your firmware in menu - and go to sub menu with an Update software, and press Info. BUT before check the compatibility of firmware with your TV.
Then try to downgrade your firmware to 2009, for example, but again, check the compatibility. link

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I have a "Samsung LE37B550A5WXX" which I have upgraded to T-CHL5DEUC 2009.0 and have the wiselink options in mu service menu but the first one is greyed out. So I am now trying to downgrade to T-CHL5DEUC 2003.0 (which I got from an earlier post in part 1 of this thread) but getting the "nothing on the USB" error. I conclude from other posts that the 2009 firmware I have installed is now preventing my TV from downgrading.

This post by najamkhan however implies the following method allows downgrade. Has anyone tried it?

"The method is to " Hold the Source button on the side of your TV and press the Power button on the remote. Then it will upgrade or downgrade the firmware."

Hi. I have a "Samsung LE37B550A5WXX" which I have upgraded to T-CHL5DEUC 2009.0 and have the wiselink options in mu service menu but the first one is greyed out. So I am now trying to downgrade to T-CHL5DEUC 2003.0 (which I got from an earlier post in part 1 of this thread) but getting the "nothing on the USB" error. I conclude from other posts that the 2009 firmware I have installed is now preventing my TV from downgrading.

This post by najamkhan however implies the following method allows downgrade. Has anyone tried it?

"The method is to " Hold the Source button on the side of your TV and press the Power button on the remote. Then it will upgrade or downgrade the firmware."

:suicide:
HTML:
If you have inactive Wiselink movie (gray)- you can change your TV model it to B650. AND YOUR WISELINK will be automatically "ON"

Anyway, if you will change anything else in service menu, your TV will  be damaged. Be careful, while changing menu options... 
Millions of people did it right, but still there are some, who can't do  it even according to simple instruction

:suicide:
HTML:
If you have inactive Wiselink movie (gray)- you can change your TV model it to B650. AND YOUR WISELINK will be automatically "ON"

Anyway, if you will change anything else in service menu, your TV will  be damaged. Be careful, while changing menu options... 
Millions of people did it right, but still there are some, who can't do  it even according to simple instruction

OK. I think I will leave it alone then

I have an LE32B554 TV set.

When I bought it past October, the firmware version included was 2009/08/14_002007

Then I upgraded it to 2009/09/30_002008 in november.

Then I entered the Service Menu and changed the model from B550 to B650 and it started to reproduce well .MKV, DivX, Xvid, and even .mov once renamed to .avi.

I've seen in the Samsung site that there is a new firmware with date 14 March 2010.

The new version is: 2010/02/04_002005.

Its name is: T-CHL5DEUC.exe and weighs: 28.4 MB (29792156 bytes)

The question I have now is:

Does it have improvements with respect former firmware versions?

Will it keep reading .MKV and the other formats?

In short: Should I update?

Thanks,

Josechu

Hi guys! Any news fot those who have CHLCIPDEUC- type of firmware? Still impossible to enable wiselink option? My model is Samsung LE32B551.

Hi guys! Any news fot those who have CHLCIPDEUC- type of firmware? Still impossible to enable wiselink option? My model is Samsung LE32B551.

write more info about your firmware (date for ex.)
you can't enable wiselink movie or wiselink write or high devi of all of them?

write more info about your firmware (date for ex.)
you can't enable wiselink movie or wiselink write or high devi of all of them?

when I go to the software update section from the menu of the tv it says:
2010/01/15_002008

At the service menu:
T-CHELEUCIP-1017.0
T-CHL5CIPDEUC-2008.0
T-CHL5CIPDEUS-1007

The wiselink-movie control is greyed out, so I can't change it.
Weeks before I tried to change the model number to LB650 but the set couldn't restart after that. Somehow I fixed the tv by myself.
I thought maybe there is a way to change the firmware and firmware type but I don't think this is possible after reading earlier posts.

What do you mean by saying "set could not restart"?

You have to change the model to b650 and immediately the wiselink option will become active and it will be at "on" position. After that, you just turn off your tv. then turn it on and that is all.

If you have problems with that - google for 2009 firmware for your tv.

Last edited:
The TV went blank next time I tried to turn it on. Only the LED light at the bottom was blinking. In other words I head a TV brick.

The TV went blank next time I tried to turn it on. Only the LED light at the bottom was blinking. In other words I head a TV brick.

Did you wait for 30 seconds? After changing model to 650 tv is turning on for 25-30 seconds... Your TV was turning on perfectly... read the forum again it is all described here...
HA-HA-HA... i can imagine how you began to panic, when you saw, that you tv is black, without knowing that everything is ok, and if you wait for some time TV will turn on... :)

If you TV was damaged, believe me, you would never turn it on...

Last edited:
Did you wait for 30 seconds? After changing model to 650 tv is turning on for 25-30 seconds... Your TV was turning on perfectly... read the forum again it is all described here...

If you TV was damaged, believe me, you would never turn it on...

I opened the back cover of the TV, then disconnected some cables, reconnected them after powering on the tv and it worked somehow. I didn't know exactly what I was doing, but it worked! At least it wasn't permanently damaged. The thing is I read almost everything in this forum. I don't know if you did. TV's with CIP type of firmware can't be fixed for USB Video support. I was hoping to find another way to do this, if there is any. Thanks for your help anyway.

You can, but If I were you, I wouldn't. Cause new firmwares do not allow to enable player and to roll back to one, which allows to do it.So, do that and you can forget about player :)

That is a clear answer. I won't upgrade!

:)

I opened the back cover of the TV, then disconnected some cables, reconnected them after powering on the tv and it worked somehow. I didn't know exactly what I was doing, but it worked! At least it wasn't permanently damaged. The thing is I read almost everything in this forum. I don't know if you did. TV's with CIP type of firmware can't be fixed for USB Video support. I was hoping to find another way to do this, if there is any. Thanks for your help anyway.

HTML:
I don't exactly know what he did and I don't think he would tell me if  asked. Otherwise he would be out of job! He didn't take a lot of money  though. I suppose he did something throught the service slot that's in  the back of the tv and also with the software upgrade, because in some  point he asked me if I knew my firmware. That's all I can tell 'm  afraid. The important thing is he got it fixed without ripping me of of  course!

and

HTML:
I opened the back cover of the TV, then disconnected some cables,  reconnected them after powering on the tv and it worked somehow. I  didn't know exactly what I was doing, but it worked!

So who did the repair? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:thumbsup:
HTML:
CIP type of firmware can't be fixed for USB Video support
oh,,, I thought it was CRL (Corel) "type" and it is not a firmware, but it is a chip (hardware)... :rotfl:

You fixed TV firmware by connecting cables... you know, you should apply for Samsung Company.
Keep trying!

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2009.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007

i just tried to change from 550 to 650 and it worked just fine , and tv starts normal , absolutely no delay :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom