SAMSUNG B550 - Enabling MKV & DIVX/XVID playback - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to be a noob but does the hack work on new LE32B551A's like you get from currys?

Can you please post a step-by-step of how to change model number?

I'm just worried that if i play around trying to find it i might accidentally change some settings.

Thanks in advance.

P.s my firmware is

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2008
T-CHL5DEUS-1007

Hi There
My 32b550 arrived today got it fro Very was £599 down to £399 -20% voucher code plus 8% Quidco £293 total paid. happy days :D:D
Not sure about the firmware but Wiselink was greyed out. Thanks to this thread changed it in service menu to LB650 now got PIP BD Wise and plays MKV's without a hitch. Thanks for the info guys, legendary!.
I am the happiest man in the world right now :D

Last edited:
Sagman,

any chance you could post your f/ware version, my 37B550A
is brand new also.

TIA.

HM.

Edit: sorry did'nt see you are 32" ..Thought this was a LE37B550 thread.

Last edited:
Sagman,

How did you change the model number?

Sagman,

How did you change the model number?

courtesy of Claudp page 16 of thread

"I did however, have some problems getting the movie option to work. When you go into the sub-control menu the wiselink movie option is greyed out and turned off.

to get around this I went into the service menu selected 'Option' then 'Model' and changed the model to 'LB650'. This has caused no problems even though I only have the B550 model.

Afterwards in the sub-control menu the wiselink movie option is still greyed out but is now turned on.

Hope this helps those with newer firmware."

It does make the TV have a slower boot up time but this is the only downside from reading the thread.

good luck

Warning: After entring the Service menu of your TV, " Do take pictures of every screen and of every menu ", and try to remember the "Factory Reset" option, so that if anything goes wrong you should atleast have the pictures of your TV's Service menu to refer to, and to reset your Tv to default.

I've read somewhere that Factory Reset does not restore all settings, especially ones that can be changed through the service menu. That's why I hesitate over changing my TV model B550 to B650 to gain movie playback possibility. So I wonder if anyone would be willing to make a little experiment - to change temporarily TV model, restart the TV, and then using Factory Reset try to restore it. This of course applies only to those of you who have successfully changed their TV models already. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The only thing I can say now, is, that having achieved the changes to allow Divx/MKV playback and PiP, that I will NOT be making any changes to supposed firmware 'upgrades'

One thing strikes me about the Samsung firmware changes... and that is, NOWHERE have I ever seen what these supposed upgrades are supposed to change or improve. Not on the Samsung site or anywhere else. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't add something new to something that's working fine, for the sake of it, and certainly not without any information about why I should add it, or need to.

I've got a number of Canon SLR cameras and when there are firmware upgrades for these, the upgrade benefits and fixes are listed clearly on Canon's site. So you can make a decision as to whether you want to to or need to upgrade them.

Thanks to all who have contributed to the unofficial upgrades and made my TV a little better than what I actually bought.

Happy New Year to all!

Hi There
My 32b550 arrived today got it fro Very was £599 down to £399 -20% voucher code plus 8% Quidco £293 total paid. happy days :D:D
Not sure about the firmware but Wiselink was greyed out. Thanks to this thread changed it in service menu to LB650 now got PIP BD Wise and plays MKV's without a hitch. Thanks for the info guys, legendary!.
I am the happiest man in the world right now :D

Hi Sagman,

Can you please tell me what exact firmware version do you have on your TV. You can check this on the first page at the bottom when you enter the service menu.

I have got the Model: LE32B550A5WXXU from amazon and was wondering if I can enable the mkv and divx playback capability by changing the model to LB650 as you did.

I have got the following as first three lines at the bottom of the first page of Service Menu.
T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007

Please help!

Many Thanks

Hi! navee, you`re AVATAR movie fan, I think about you. I am owner LE32B554M2WXXH with these version of FW:
T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007
===================
SDAL-4.2.27-0194
RFS:29_64_256-29 T-CHL5DEUC
2009-09-30
Type:32L6AF0C
Model: LE32B55o
EDID SUCCESS
======================
I just enter into servicemenu and I changed only the model number to LB650. Then MKV file will have been played.
Enjoy,
IKA

Hi,

I haven't tried yet to enable movie playback on my TV. My TV's MODEL CODE is LE37B551A6WXXH and the rest of firmware parameters:

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007
===================
SDAL-4.2.27-0194
2009-09-30
Type:37L6AF1C
Model: LE37B550
EDID SUCCESS
======================

WiseLink Movie option is disabled and switched off. WiseLink Write and Hidh Devi can be turned on.
Any suggestion or experience with such model? Any 'disaster recovery' option in case something goes wrong? Thanks.

Hi,

I haven't tried yet to enable movie playback on my TV. My TV's MODEL CODE is LE37B551A6WXXH and the rest of firmware parameters:

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007
===================
SDAL-4.2.27-0194
2009-09-30
Type:37L6AF1C
Model: LE37B550
EDID SUCCESS
======================

WiseLink Movie option is disabled and switched off. WiseLink Write and Hidh Devi can be turned on.
Any suggestion or experience with such model? Any 'disaster recovery' option in case something goes wrong? Thanks.

I have exactly the same options as IKA23 above but don't understand why our model numbers are different. Can anyone with exactly the same full model number suggest if they succeded in running mkv by choosing the option b650 in service menu. :)

Cheers

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to inform that I am now successfully playing avi, divx files by changing the model from LB550 to LB650 on Service Menu on my LE32B550. My exact model and the firmwares I initially had are in one of my posts above. No other change was required. Happy now. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot to this thread.

And one more thing, I definetly do not face the delay issue while startup, my TV is starting normally in 7-8 seconds as was before. :clap:

Cheers

DISCLAIMER you enter the service menu at your own risk, altering the wrong settings in the service menu could result in your TV not functioning as it should

Ok so I finally have MKV's and Divx's working on my LE40B550, flawlessly I might add - here's how:

1 - Enter the Service Menu (when in standby press press info, menu, mute then standby)

2 - Enter 'Control' option

3 - Enter 'Sub Option'

4 - Turn on WISELINK MOVIE, WISELINK WRITE & HIGH DEVI

5 - Press Standby

Sorted! thanks to reddish75 for finding the wiselink option (this allowed divx's but not MKV's), all I did was enable 'high devi' and 'wiselink' writehttp://www.avforums.com/forums/members/342271.html

So why would they include this in the hardware and not enable it hmmm that's odd (it's clearly not struggling to play the MKV's at all 1280 x 720)

Firmware I'm using is latest (check samsung site, ends 1008)

What a nice surprise people should know about this!!

ADDITION:

An almost concrete way of making sure your file plays first time:

have an AVI file of between 3-4 mb size and no longer than 1m30 seconds duration, start playback then stop it (using the return button on remote)

now play the file you intended to play, it will work without restarting the TV (MKV's tested 720/1080p and many other file types including .ts files)

just saves your TV from rebooting which was happening about 20% of the time on execution of your file, 100% non restart (success) strike rate
I tried to enable the MKV playback as you stated but it does not give me the option to change "wiselink movie" (the option is greyed out). Is this to do with the firmware on the tv I have only just bought it am unsure of how to update the firmware.
Also when I enter the service option it seems to re-set my setting for picture & audio which is slightly annoying!

Thanks

Hey guys,

I tried playing a dloaded blueray film on the TV but it will only play the picture as the audio codec is not supported. It is an 9gb .mkv file.

Is there a way to get around this other than simultaneously play it on my pc and use the pc speakers?

Hey guys,

I tried playing a dloaded blueray film on the TV but it will only play the picture as the audio codec is not supported. It is an 9gb .mkv file.

Is there a way to get around this other than simultaneously play it on my pc and use the pc speakers?
Convert the DTS audio to AC3 with Popcorn MKV audio converter.

Hi, I have ue40b6000, just bought it.

Trying to turn on movies prom usb stick.

I went threw service menu and "WiseLink Movie" option is grey, that means that I can't change it.

Wiselink Without DB is WithoutDB

Other WiseLink options DLNA is OFF
between these two options is WiesLink Movie which is grey, I can't interuppt with it.

plz help me deal with it.

First of all, be aware that this is a 550 LCD thread, and the 6000 LED is a different series and indeed, generation. So while the format of the service menu may be similar, there's nothing to say that a similar path of actions would work with the model you've got, because basically we are upgrading the model which is somewhat similar in features, but as we don't know what features your model or similar, has, we can't advise. Besides, it is up to every individual here to make their own judgement and decision as to whether they go through the steps which others have found successful, and which has caused others to have ended up with a bricked TV. Only you can decide and be responsible for your own actions.

If you still wish to seek help, there are 50 pages on this thread, and while I acknowledge it's not too easy to read all of them, then perhaps reading the first post on the first page and then, from a few pages back, to here wouldn't be too much hardship, rather than depending on people to spoonfeed newcomers all the time. Has thinking and doing a little work for oneself become a thing of the past?

Sorry if this sounds harsh or anything else, but it becomes irksome when new posters ask the same question countless times on a thread while making no effort to look for themselves. It happens on forum sites everywhere, regardless the subject.

Back on topic... Considering this LED is a much newer and higher spec than our 5 Series, I find it incredible that this Wiselink media play would not be a standard feature. If it's not, then shame on Samsung. Putting aside the problems associated with the LED technology, having basic features on this more expensive set which were already on previous sets seems to be a natural logical step, and what anyone would rightly expect from an upmarket model.

Rant over. Peace all. :)

Hi, I have ue40b6000, just bought it.

Trying to turn on movies prom usb stick.

I went threw service menu and "WiseLink Movie" option is grey, that means that I can't change it.

Wiselink Without DB is WithoutDB

Other WiseLink options DLNA is OFF
between these two options is WiesLink Movie which is grey, I can't interuppt with it.

plz help me deal with it.

Please look here for the 6 series led already covered

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-...-ue40-46b6000-owners-thread.html#post11042727

The SamyGo-Project has now (pre-)released a version of its firmware patcher (offers a quite safe option to enable the DIVX/XVID/MKV-playback and gives control over the aspect ratio while playing those formats/container) which also supports the CI+ LCD-TVs... (like one version of the 550).

SamyGO • View topic - Applications for CI+ Devices

Guys Thanks for the info in this thread,

Bought a 32b550 today for Kid's Room,

Set it up with SD using the settings posted Thanks

Anybody have settings for the Nintendo wii on scart/composite adapter,

Firmware version

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1007

I take it firmware in post 16 will downgrade my TV, I'm not going to try 650 trick, don't want to brick it.

Can anybody also go into the service menu and see what the setting is for watchdog, ON or OFF ??? accidently hit that when having a look.

Again Many Thanks Guys for the info posted on here.

I'm now officially confused.I have an LE 32B530 and I've downloaded nad istalled the latest firmware.Is there any chance of enabling the movie playback through usb?Has anyone tried to install the B550 firmware on a B530?Any luck with the enabling?

Hi!
Does anyone know about SAMSUNG LE32A656A1FX!!!???
Can I watch video files from flashes through USB ? Maybe I need change some settings ?:lease:
If so it'll please show how!!!
Now I can watch only JPEG and listen MP3...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom