Samsung AV-R710 help needed please.

Hemp Knight

Novice Member
Firstly I'd like to say hello to everyone :hiya: . I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

I'm having a problem with the HDMI switch in my AV-R710. I recently got a Sony Bravia KDL-40V2500 TV, and a PS3 a little while before that. I've been trying to use the PS3 and my V+ box through the AV-R710 so that I can get the PCM output on the PS3 working. All was fine when I was using my old Samsung LE26R41BDX TV and Samsung SM215TW monitor with a HDMI-DVI adapter (no TV for a couple of weeks), however since getting the Sony Bravia through I've been having a big problem.

The problem is that whenever I turn the TV onto the HDMI channel the receiver is plugged into I get no picture or sound and the display on the receiver starts flashing and the controls lock up.

At first I thought this was a TV fault as it was working before. But when I plug the PS3 and V+ box directly into the TV and use optical outputs to the receiver it all works fine.

I have found that if I plug the receiver back up with HDMI and start wiggling the cable at the back in the output port it will start working for anything upto 30mins. So I've put it down to a fault with the receiver. I have phoned Samsung and Empire Direct (where I bought it from in Dec 06) and they both keep fobbing me off onto each other and are both refusing to repair it.

Before I take it any further I thought I'd pop on here and ask if anyone else has had a similar issue and if they managed to resolve it themselves? Could I be missing a setting somewhere or could it be down to cheapish leads, even though they work when plugged directly from PS3/V+ to TV? Why did it work with my Samsung monitor and old Samsung TV?

Sorry for the long and confusing post.

TIA,

Scott.

Hemp Knight

Novice Member
Finally sorted it :thumbsup: .

After giving up for a while I decided to give it another go. My first port of call was to buy a decent lead as so far my most expensive HDMI lead was an official PS3 one. No joy there. So after some reading on the web and some more playing I decided it was a HDCP compatibility problem. I bought a Joytech Trilink HDMI switch for £40 and stuck it between the amp and the TV. It's a bit of a Blue Peter fix and for some reason I have to select another input first and then switch back to the one my amp is on, but it works :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom