• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Auto Motion Plus/Movie mode

Nimzy

Standard Member
Hey all im new to the forums, and was just wondering if it was possible to get that 'Soap Opera Effect' on either my samsung LE32B450 or samsung LE37B553?

I know it's activated through either auto motion plus or movie plus however none of the sets have this feature. so my questions is, is it possible to activate this through something like the service menu or even a firmware update.

I really like this effect, and before anybody says anything i know its abit marmite lol

Thanks i advance i look foward to your knowledgable answers!

Last edited:

Silverblack

Prominent Member
unless your tv has the 100hz motion plus feature then you won't be able to get the look that your looking for unfortunately.:)

Nimzy

Standard Member
hmm im sure my mates set also Samsung (sorry dont know the model) doesnt have 100hz but still has movie plus, thanks for the reply.

Silverblack

Prominent Member
hmm im sure my mates set also Samsung (sorry dont know the model) doesnt have 100hz but still has movie plus, thanks for the reply.

my first lcd i had a few years ago was a samsung and it did have the movie plus feature but i left it off as i thought that it introduced way to many artifacts for my liking.

i ended up selling it, i feel that the 100hz motion plus on the newer samsung leds and lcds is much much better.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom