Samsung auto-dim and service menu help

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by spartan627, Aug 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. spartan627

spartan627
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I recently bought a new Samsung un40es6100 LED TV and I was wondering if any could help me out. I wanted to turn off the TV's annoying auto dimming feature and after I couldn't find the option in the normal menu I looked online and found a number of posts here that said it is in the service menu. After some digging I finally found how to open the service menu (mute-1-8-2 I believe it was) and I got into the menu, and then I broke it. Well not really I did something but couldnt tell what so I need help figuring it out.

I was looking threw all of the available menus in the service menu and couldnt find anything about auto dimming, or brightness or anything that looked like it would control that option. Finally I got to the advanced section and couldnt access it. I came back here and saw that everyone was saying the code was 0000, so I tried that, and then my TV shut off. When it turned back on I still didnt have access to the advanced service menu but now under it their where 2 new un-selectable buttons. I dont remember what they were called but one was apparently for 2D and the other for 3D.

After that I thought I would check to see what I did. When I closed the service menu I noticed a few things had changed, first my TVs display mode was set to Dynamic when I had it set to standard, and the TV's auto motion plus was enabled and the LED motion plus was disabled, I had them set the other way around. I also noticed however that the auto dimming appeared to be disabled. Everything just seemed much brighter even though the brightness, back light, and contrast setting where the way I left them and I didnt notice the screen getting darker if a dark image was displayed.

So, sorry if its a bit long but to sum it up: can someone tell me what happened when I input the code 0000 into the service menu and did I break anything other than the auto dim function which I actually wanted to break. Thanks.

2. spartan627

spartan627
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok so I just did some more digging and experimenting, for some reason the simple act of entering the service menu resets all my options to factory setting for some reason. So im still wondering what exactly pressing 0000 does and how I get into the advanced service menu. some please help, im really starting to love this TV but the damn auto dimm feature is REALLY annoying.

3. sdx

sdx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the exact same problem. And I tried the exact same procedure. The service menu just reloads when 0000 is entered when the Advanced menu option is highlighted. Pressing enter on the remote doesn't give any results.

I also emailed Samsung about this yesterday, but so far no reply. Fascinating that so few people complain about this very disturbing "feature".

Either way, anyone have any procedure that solves the problem on a UE55ES6535 ? And no, using "game mode" and max contast is not the correct solution.. :)

4. djstevie

djstevie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Im trying to figure out how to do the same on my new E series plasma. Get the exact same options as yourself so the service menu must have been updated for the newer Sammys.

5. sdx

sdx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, the need I had is now resolved in a firmware update. Previously I had 1023, now I have 1025. The need I had was that some dark screens got too dark and/or fluctuated depending on how dark/bright the average picture was. But details that shouldn't change intensity (like stars in a space sci-fi movie) did change intensity. Either way, a firmware update resolved this.

But out of curiosity, it would still be interesting to know how to reach the advanced settings in the service menu. :)

6. djstevie

djstevie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hope a newer firmware comes out for mines. Still stuck on 1018 and nothing newer since the 16th July. Glad you got yours sorted.

7. spartan627

spartan627
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok well I still have this problem, the new firmware update hasnt fixed the issue and I even got a technician to come and try and fix it, but unsurprisingly he had no idea what he was doing and wanted to inspect my TV's mainboard even after I told him the option was in the service menu.

So has anyone found out how to get into the advanced service menu yet? Please?