Samsung Australian TV model in the U.K. Apps don’t work

Joeytheone

Standard Member
Hi before you ask I don’t know the model number yet all I know is it’s a 2 year old Samsung.

My brother let me borrow his U.K. Samsung TV when he went to Australia 2 years ago. He’s back and wants his TV back. Which of course is fine and dandy. We’re swapping on Saturday.

He’s offered me his Australian TV as a swap, what a nice man. He tells me none of the U.K. apps currently work, bbc, itv etc. I assume Netflix, Disney work

Is there any settings in the tv which you can change the region of the tv or will I need an external streaming stick of some sort?

Many thanks

cuke2u

You could reset the tv to factory and see if it can be setup for the UK, or purchase a 4k firestick at just under £50. Model number should be on a label on the rear of the television.
Amazon product

notengo13

Hi before you ask I don’t know the model number yet all I know is it’s a 2 year old Samsung.

My brother let me borrow his U.K. Samsung TV when he went to Australia 2 years ago. He’s back and wants his TV back. Which of course is fine and dandy. We’re swapping on Saturday.

He’s offered me his Australian TV as a swap, what a nice man. He tells me none of the U.K. apps currently work, bbc, itv etc. I assume Netflix, Disney work

Is there any settings in the tv which you can change the region of the tv or will I need an external streaming stick of some sort?

Many thanks
You can't use TV from different continent here in Europe because of different hardware.
TV tuner will not work
You can use it as a "dumb monitor".

You could try to change local set from extended service menu to EU_UK if it's shown there, at least you could use some apps if it work in this way.

cuke2u

I'm not convinced the apps won't work though as the regional setting for them would be set by the broadband credentials. This is why some use a VPN to access different broadcasts for, say, Netflix..

cuke2u

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom