Samsung AU9000 Vs HiSense A7G UK or other suggestions

rosko123

Standard Member
Hi everyone. Bit of a noob here but I'm currently in the market for a 50" 4K TV for around £450 in the UK and have been drawn towards the Samsung AU9000 and the Hisense A7G.

I've looked a lot online and the 2 above seem to get both glowing reviews and reviews in which they are described as not bright enough for HDR and not good value for money, despite not recommending an alternative.

The TV will be used for everything lots of normal TV, streaming and gaming. Has anyone got any experience in the panels mentioned or have any alternatives that they could suggest? I'm not expecting the world but I want the best TV possible for the money.

Any help much appreciated.

Dodgexander

If you currently have a TV, keep with what you have and save up for a better model. You'll get picture problems when using HDR on cheaper TVs which is why I won't personally recommend them. If you are like most people and intend to use the TV for streaming with the internal apps you will have problems.

Willing to put up with these problems or have a plan to avoid HDR? Well either options are fine, most people would go with the Hisense due to its Dolby Vision support which matches Netflix and Disney, whereas the Samsung supports HDR10+ which matches Amazon.

This format support will help the TV a little when using HDR, but there will still be problems.

Otherwise; think about spending as little as possible because no matter what you spend you aren't going to get something great so spending say £300 may be a lot more sensible than £450.

Pricing and picture quality is not linear with TVs, so you only really get a better picture when you are buying a model from a different line. Despite looking like there's plenty of choice to buy a TV with a £450 budget the reality is there's really not anything great value at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom