Samsung AU9000 + Powered Subwoofer + External Speakers

Kyros

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hope fully this is the right place to ask.
I have a Samsung AU9000 + Optical to RCA converter(USB powered) + Powered Subwoofer + External Speakers.
I would like to know if someone has gotten this to work.
My amplifier is not working properly so I removed it from my setup.

EDIT: Removed some outdated info, removed my silly idea, added new info.

Does anyone know if and how I can get the external speakers to play sound rather than the TV Speakers?
Current setup: TV Optical port-> Optical to RCA converter-> Powered Subwoofer-> External speakers.

NEW info: I went out and bought a usb powered optical to rca converter.
From optical on TV to converter, from converter to L+R RCA ports on Subwoofer, from Speaker outputs on Subwoofer to External Speakers.

I swapped the settings in Sound menu on the TV, between TV Speakers and Optical.

On Optical I got bass but nothing from the external speakers or TV Speakers.

On TV Speakers, the Subwoofer is working but no sound from the External Speakers, only from the TV Speakers.

I havent tried swapping between manual and automatic power on the subwoofer(its a small switch) before playing music. Ill try that and report back tommorrow.

The Subwoofer is a KEF PSW 2000 - 1x Red RCA + 1x White RCA Line Input ports and 1x Red + 1x White High pass outputs. No optical port on the sub
1x Pair Speaker Output screw-down terminals output and 1x Pair Speaker Input which has the same terminal as the Output terminals.

Please see the picture.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• kefsub.jpg
    kefsub.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 80
  • kefsub2.jpg
    kefsub2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
You have no sound because those RCA Phono sockets on your TV are inputs not outputs.
Modern TV's haven't had RCA Phono analogue audio outputs for a few years now.

You won't get speakers working connected to the sub without a separate amp.
The sub needs high level (speaker outputs) from an amp.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom