Samsung anynet+ issue

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by 1nfinite, Jan 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. 1nfinite

1nfinite
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, a friend of mine recently bought a Samsung 6100 TV & a Sony ht as5 5.1 home theater system & is having problems with Samsungs Anynet+

Everytime he turns the TV off he has to go into menu & although it says on.. it doesn't work, so has to turn the receiver option to off then on again to reset, which you can imagine is a pain everytime he switches the TV on..

Has anyone else had this problem with the Anynet+ before.

If he phones Samsung they will blame Sony & Sony will blame Samsung, so hes kind of lumbered.

I connected the system up for him & wired an hdmi from the tv to the receiver & optical as well..

Any help to resolve the problem would be a help, maybe I should update the firmware might fix the issue.

BTW I didnt know what area to post, as this seems a fault with the TV I posted here, although it could be a compatibility issue.

Thanks,

Colin.

2. fiveaside

fiveaside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Don't think it would be compatibility issues. Have you checked what version hdmi cable you're using? I recall reading in my Samsung instruction book a minimum of 1.3a is required for use of the anynet feature. Have you an option in the sony to turn it on?

3. 1nfinite

1nfinite
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi thanks for reply Five,

I am using 1.4v cable as he also has a 3d blueray that came with the deal, so I know is definitely working as the 3d works running through the receiver also. Not that the 6100's 3d is that great.

(dont think so @ switching it on)

The receiver works, just anynet+ doesnt when turning the TV back on from standby, even tho it says on in the menu.

Colin.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  4. 1nfinite

1nfinite
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. 1nfinite

1nfinite
    Novice Member