Question Samsung Android phone Showbox app question

blackmesa8

Ex Member
Reaction score
So a week ago or two my phone updates with an actual android update and after the update "Show box" app appeared without my permission or without me doing anything.

I didn't even know what Showbox was and had to google it.

Should I be worried? I have a banking app on this phone.

I have also googled it. This is an app to stream TV and films. It is no doubt breaching copyright laws and you can only install it via a direct APK install. I would uninstall it. As to risk of harm, the superficial Google suggests there are different apk versions out there. You may or may not be okay

Ok I can't find a way to uninstall it. It was not downloaded from the playstore and such the playstore doesn't even know its there to uninstall. You guys can probably tell Smartphones aren't my area I just know how to use them is all not an expert by far.

I never use my phone for browsing and I don't install much apps at all and only official stuff from playstore.

Ok I can't find a way to uninstall it. It was not downloaded from the playstore and such the playstore doesn't even know its there to uninstall. You guys can probably tell Smartphones aren't my area I just know how to use them is all not an expert by far.

I never use my phone for browsing and I don't install much apps at all and only official stuff from playstore.
it clearly is fake disguised as ShowBox mallware.
depending on Android and interface, got to go to the listing of all apps click on it (long one) and either drag on to uninstall or click on uninstall

Last edited:
Managed to uninstall the fake showbox app but now how do I know my phone is safe?

Managed to uninstall the fake showbox app but now how do I know my phone is safe?
Install some FreeAV as (Google play store) Avira, Kaspersky, eSeT, MBAM and run it...
Some decent cleaner would be good to run too as CCleaner, One cleaner etc
Don't forget to restart phone and try IE search something obvious on a ...IE chrome to see if you are not jacked (redirected) to some malware sites

Avira, Eset, and CCleaner come up with nothing so I guess i am safe?

Promoting piracy. I.e. posts which encourage or help others to do something illegal
Avira, Eset, and CCleaner come up with nothing so I guess i am safe?
Hmhm, my bet then, ShowBox wasn't fake malware, somebody installed it

ANW, good to know, now you aught to chose one app of the sort (AV, Cleaner, manager etc) and get rid of the other.. for many reasons as to NOT have conflicting processes and save battery etc
Cheers !

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom